Thursday, March 1, 2018

Comic of the Week #8 Avengers and Dinosaurs- oh my!

“ AVENGERS #12
JONATHAN HICKMAN & NICK SPENCER (W) • MIKE DEODATO (A)
COVER BY DUSTIN WEAVER
50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT BY DANIEL ACUÑA
“CHILDREN OF THE SUN”
• A day in the life of the Avengers…in the Savage Land.
• The boys go hunting for dinosaurs...

Comic of the Week has been on a long hiatus but I wanted to bring it back since I've been reading graphic novels and comics again. Every week I'm going to showcase a comic or GN cover- could be old, could be new- and share a few thoughts on why I think it's special. Do you like what I picked out? Let me know in the comments, and as always, if you have a favorite cover or piece of comic art, let me know! 

This week is Avengers #12. The heroes are in the Savage Land- think dinosaurs- and I just love the art. Notice Iron Man in the background flying with pterosaurs, and I love that city too. Such an imaginative image.  

13 comments:

  1. I love the artwork. It's so much fun and so detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird! Who’s the lady with constellations on her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look her up, and apparently she's Captain Universe? Funky title huh? I don't know anything about her...

      Delete
  3. Whoa Avengers and dinosaurs, that *is* a very unique mix! Definitely a cool image too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I did too, as soon as I saw it I was like woah!!

      Delete
  5. Did you hear the new Marvel movie has been bumped up a week?!!?! It is now being released at the end of April. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hear that! I didn't catch why though... but who cares ha ha? Are you looking forward to the Capt. Marvel movie, I think that looks good...

      Delete
  6. I love graphic novels, but shamefully admit to not being a fan of superheros. This cover, however.. has me chomping at the bit <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gets a lot of interest from me because I love anything that has to do with people and dinosaurs coexisting! That was my dream world as a child.💜

    ReplyDelete