Monday, April 29, 2019

Top Ten Book Quotes

  
 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week a new Top Ten list will be posted. Everyone is welcome to join. Link back so everyone can check out other bloggers' lists. It's a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers.

This week is Top Ten Inspirational/ Thought Provoking Book Quotes. Finding book quotes seems like it would take a while so I'm going with movie quotes.  

1)

Guards! Knights! Squires! 

Prepare for battle.


2)

Merlin! Where are you? 

Have you found him? 

I haven't! 


3)

I don't give a fuck about your war or your president.

Okay then!

Related image

4)

There comes a time, my thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child. 



5)

I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like, the Gas n Sip on a Saturday night, completely alone drinking beers- with no women anywhere?

...

By choice, man


6)

Ten years, man! Ten... where have you been for ten years?



7)

I looked into it more deeply, and I found that apparently what happened was he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him about it, but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department he still gets a paycheck. 

Se we just went ahead and fixed the glitch. 

So... Milton has been let go? 

Well, just a second there professor. We fixed the glitch. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally. 

  

8)

I don't think I'd like another job. 

What are you going to do about money, and bills, and...?

You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.


9)

Why don't you get a job, Spicoli? 

What for? 




10)

I'm John. 

I'm Sara. 




11)

Hey guys one more thing. Hey this summer when you're being inundated with all this American bicentennial 4th of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic white males didn't want to pay their taxes. 

lolololol




"Are you with us? Or against us?"

"Against you!"  

says a young Patrick Stewart!!! 

63 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up at some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Love. Office Space. That movie is so quotable and funny. And a huge yes to Fast Times! Love your take on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the topic, Greg! I liked looking at these. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great twist! I always think I could never find aka remember favorite book quotes, but Goodreads does have a nice feature for most of the books I look up that shares some quotes. Makes it easier for reviewers! :)

    Also, "Serendipity" is a cute little movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to do this list! I loved it, it was really funny. Thanks for sharing!
    Bookish Treats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha the funniest are often the most memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quotes!! Haha, some good movies here that I haven't watched in years!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went totally strea of consciousness- I'd think of one and then another!

      Delete
  8. Bahaha these are great one! Really fun for this week!

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Young Patrick Stewart! I forget he did stuff before Capt Picard lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. These quotes are making me laugh:) You picked a lot of great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Dazed and Confused. Love the Office Space ones too!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked your twist to this week's prompt. How fun.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you remember and find all of these? You must take copious notes! I imagine you with lists and files everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many great picks, Greg! Gotta love a Snake Pliskin quote. LOL and the science with the guys at the Gas n Sip was so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was a great way to do this. I loved Grosse Point Blank and Say Anything - classics! And gotta love Kurt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have seen a handful of these and I agree, great quotes! I wasn't allowed to watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High when i was younger. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice take on this week's topic! I haven't watched Excalibur in a long time. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Movie/tv quotes isn't something that sticks to me as much as book quotes. These are awesome! The only quotable show I've watched and adore is House M.D. and even those I've forgotten over that years :/

    ReplyDelete
  19. These were so fun! I enjoyed taking a break from book quotes to relive some movie ones. I loved that Say Anything quote. I need to watch that movie again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the quote from Say Anything. If I didn't have a book journal, I mmight not have had the quotes this week. Except the Wildcard one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Trying to find book quotes when you don't regularly keep track of them is definitely daunting. I like what you did here instead.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your take on this weeks ttt. We fixed the glitch :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love quotes and I mark tons of them but then I forget them all lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've got a lot of fun quotes! Love that you took the movie route.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice take! You're right, movie quotes can be a lot more memorable than books. Maybe it's the delivery?

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Say Anything quote is my favorite! Me and my sister quote from that movie all the time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very fun, Greg! I wish I didn't have to go to work or pay bills, either.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, I am SHOCKED that you have a clip for all the movie quotes 😂😂 Guess what I have actually seen one of these! I saw Serendipity like 100 years ago, wooo! That's impressive really, out of what, 12 movies I actually saw one! (LOVE the Office Space one because... same.)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the twist you have to the topic. The quotes are awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, so much classic goodness in here, I can't even. Excalibur was amazing, I still remember watching that for the first time and thinking, wow, there were a surprising number of famous actors in this before they made it to the big time.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like your movie choices! I need to rewatch Escape from New York - it's one of my favorite Kurt Russell movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Kurt Russell really did his thing in Escape to New York, and I consider it a classic. He's good in all his movies. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lots of John Cusack! I think the only one of these I haven't seen is Excalibur, but I haven't seen any of them in YEARS. Thanks for finding and sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bwahahahah I love how you tweaked that theme Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loved the quotes, brought a much needed smile

    ReplyDelete
  36. I totally forgot Patrick Stewart was in that movie! Haha! Love him. Also, no one ever knows where Merlin in. Didn't he disappear to Bermuda in the animated movie?

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that you did movie quotes instead! Those are SO much easier to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, I was the first person to comment on this and it's not here. 😱

    ReplyDelete
  39. Snake was such a great no crap kind of guy!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my god, I love this!! That Say Anything quote is amazing and I looooove Office Space and Grosse Point Blank!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your twist on this week's post. Remembering book quotes was so hard! Love your choices from Say Anything and Dazed and Confused.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What you've achieved with this post is you've made me want to watch Office Space again. I often think about that film when I am having printer issues or when I'm bored at work... so a lot. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I adore John Cusack. I love the little quotes here too.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete