Sunday, July 1, 2018

Cover Love - Lost Worlds

Ivory and Bone (Ivory and Bone, #1)

This edition of Cover Love is all about lost worlds- those places of mist and legendry, where dinosaurs roam and man is not necessarily the master of his domain. So let's take a look and see what we have.

Obsidian and Stars (Ivory and Bone, #2)

The Sky People

The Sky People (Lords of Creation, #1)

The Land That Time Forgot 

The Land that Time Forgot: The Land that Time Forgot, The People that Time Forgot, Out of Time's Abyss

Jurassic Park

Kinda has to be on here, doesn't it?

Related image

Pellucidar the Inner World

Hollow Earth!

Related image

The Extinction Trials

Image result for the extinction trials

The Extinction Trials Exile 

Image result for the extinction trials

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Journey to the Center of the Earth

The Complete Land That Time Forgot

Image result for the land that time forgot book

Savage Pellucidar

Image result for savage pellucidar pinte



BONUS

Here are some other cover picks.


A Journey to the Center of the Earth by the_junk_monkey, via FlickrJourney to the Center of the EarthJourney to the Center of the Earth (Saddleback's Illustrated Classics)Related imageNeal Adams Tarzan at the Earth's CoreImage result for land of terrorDinosaur Beach12313-9 ANDRE NORTON The Crossroads of Time (cover by Dean Ellis; c.1956;1962; 1966; 1974; July 1978; 4th ACE printing).#

22 comments:

  1. Savage Pellucidar is my jam. I too enjoy getting naked and carrying around a big spear. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Always a good time, especially with a sabertoothed pet!

      Delete
  2. I love the first Journey to the Center of the Earth cover with the giant mushrooms! 🍄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Some of these really go way back, Greg!(lol) A few I even remember seeing as movies. Great choices! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes there are some old school ones here. :)

      Delete
  4. I love retro covers, you've got some good ones here! I get excited whenever I see dinosaurs😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, and I love seeing those old (occasionally horrible lol) covers.

      Delete
  5. Love these. :D Definitely reminding me to read some of the Jules Verne I have on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love! Wow. These are the types of books I would buy based on the covers. Don't need no stinking synopsis! Just give me the books!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, Greg! Ivory and Bone is really visually appealing but the cover The Land That Time Forget makes me really want to see what is going on in that story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover to Ivory & Bone a lot Greg. It just wants to make me one click!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some fun covers! I hope to read The Extinction Trials and Ivory and Bone soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all amazing. I especially love the one for Journey to the Center of the Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's a book called "The Sky People"?! And it isn't about Skaikru!? I am curious. Also, love the I&B covers (wish the books were more... prehistoric). And I just realized WHY I like the second Extinction Trials cover better- it's the DINOSAUR'S face instead of a human face! Incidentally, it should not have taken that long for me to realize that. My favorite is definitely Journey to the Center of the Earth one, that is just fabulous! Love these choices, also impressed that you found so many!

    ReplyDelete