Thursday, April 5, 2018

Sunshine Blogger Award


I was nominated for this one by Anne at The Reading Life (thanks Anne!!!).

The Rules

1) Thank the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3) Nominate 11 new blogs and and write them 11 questions.
4) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.

Anne's questions 

Which book to movie adaptation did you hate the most? 

I thought Allegiant was pretty lame. Not that I ever finished the book, but I read enough... and the movie. Just awful.

What book character superpower do you want? 

I do not know... maybe some kind of precognitive/ sense future consequences kind of power? Or... weather control! Yeah that one.

Which book character would you want to be your husband/ wife (you can choose only one)

Ygritte from Game of Thrones has to be on the list.

Would you rather have the ability to erase your memories of books as you wish so you can repeatedly re- read them, or the ability to turn back the clock when you bought a book you're super disappointed in? 

Ooh dunno... maybe turn back the clock. The ability to manipulate time would be super useful.

If you can only read one genre for the rest of your life what would it be? 

Would have to be fantasy!

If you can only enter the book world of one book what would it be? 

Middle-earth!!


My questions 


I'm going with five questions. 

1) What fictional world would you want to spend time?

2) Do you have a favorite fairytale? 

3) What kind of animal companion would you choose?

4)   Name your favorite book crush

5) Your dream book to movie adaptation (or movie to book)

I nominate 

You! Anyone who wants to do it. 

20 comments:

  1. I would pick Fantasy, too, even though my favorite genre is Science Fiction because there is more good Fantasy out there. I like your questions and I just might do them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pick fantasy too :)

    And Rand Al Thor would be on my list even if he does go a bit cray cray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a lot of people didn't much like the Divergent films. I thought the first book was ok but not enough to read on with it. Kind of dreading looking at the films now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh - the Divergent movies. Yeah. They weren't great. I didn't get past the first one unfortunately. I think Percy Jackson really tanked too.

    Weather Control would be pretty awesome.

    Ygritte!!!!!!! So cool!

    Turning back the clock sounds like a good one. I don't like forgetting the book when I reread- I love seeing what I view differently or things I missed the first time!

    Fantasy is my go-to also.

    Middle-earth would be a great place to visit!

    ----

    I would love to go and visit Middle-Earth also... And maybe Pandora and Narnia are up there too!
    My favourite fairytale is a tough one. But I used to adore the Elves and the Shoemaker. And Thumbelina.
    Animal companion = dragon. 100%
    Favourite book crush? Oooh. Super tough. At the moment I would have to say Ashtaroth from Steel and Stone universe.
    Of books I've recently read I would love to see the Valiant and the Defiant made into a move! The plot was good plus let's face it - gladiatrices!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the Divergent books, but didn’t watch the movies. Love your answers. 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  6. Part of me would want a superpower where I could see the future, but that kinda scares me! Maybe flying? Or invisibility? Or super strength?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I’m trying to remember who Ygritte is. I’m so bad with names.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the Percy Jackson books, but then the movie... Please, never do something like that again. BUT THEY DID. I can't watch it. Husband and I saw it in theaters, and he said he would never go to another book-to-movie with me again. I kept telling him that wasn't how something happened, or WTF IS THAT EVEN DOING THERE.

    I would marry Ygritte, too. Maybe Ygritte and John Snow, you know, at the same time.

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Percy Jackson SUCKED. Oh my gosh why??? And couldn't they be good too??

      Right? Ygritte in a heartbeat! And heck Jon too I guess :)

      Delete
  9. But if you turned back time would you remember not to read the book again??

    I saw Lindsi's answer and yeah Percy was AWFUL. Same with Mortal Instruments. I never made to Allegient. I only saw Divergent and eh...

    And the Twilight series - what they did to the poor Cullen family and their hair lol Especially Jasper.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely would like the ability to change the weather at my command. I'd love to be able to make any day into a snow day with the snap of my fingers, so my baby girl and I can stay home whenever we want, read books, and stay in our jammies all day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even decide if the Allegiant book or movie was worse. Like- the movie obviously sucked, don't get me wrong, but the book was so boring, and at least the movie was so stupid I was able to laugh? (Low standards for that one, obviously.) The worst bookish movie ever, for me, was Beautiful Creatures. Have you read or seen it? The worst movie, I don't even understand how it was a thing. I think I'd actually pick sci-fi over fantasy, I get burnt out after too much fantasy. And yeah- I want to manipulate time, too! Not even so I don't have to read the crappy book (let's be real, negative reviews are just fun) but because of the actual manipulation of time thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol I never even saw Allegiant. I saw five minuets of Insurgent and gave up. I watched the trailers though...and I was very confused. How does that connect with the book? Shame to, I actually really enjoyed the first movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Weather control would come in really handy! Yeah, I think I'd rather get back the time I spent on disappointing books. Anyway, half the fun of rereading is already knowing things and getting to look back on details and foreshadowing and whatnot. And yes, definitely fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having taken public transport for many years, I can totally get behind weather control as a power!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes to weather controlling powers, especially if it extends to controlling how long each of the seasons last, lol.

    I love your pick of Ygritte too. She is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with turning back time instead of erasing the memories. Ooh, I would like very much to control the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man. Weather control would be real handy now and again :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the award!! :) I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, Greg! I would love to visit Middle-Earth too!

    ReplyDelete