Sunday, April 29, 2018

Liebster Award April 2018


I was tagged by Anna at Adventures of a Booknerd for the Liebster award (thanks Anna!!!) and her questions were awesome so I knew I had to do this one. 

The Rules:

1) Answer eleven questions that you've been asked 

2) Nominate eleven other bloggers

3) Ask your nominees eleven questions 

4) Let them know you nominated them 

Anna's questions: 

1) Would you rather be bitten and transformed into a vampire or werewolf? I would say werewolf all the way. They can still be human and undeath wouldn't be very fun. Plus wolves are cool and maybe there'd even be a fun pack to join? And if not, lone wolfing is fine too! 

2) Would you rather have angel or fairy wings? I'm gonna say angel wings, because I'm assuming they would be stronger or more durable. Fairy wings sound very gossamer-like, fragile. And angels are kinda badass. 

3) If you could meet any book character, who would you meet and why? 

Maybe Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings. 

4) If you could change one thing about your blog, what would you change and why?

I would definitely update my design and make it a little more modern. 

5) What is one thing you wish you knew before you started blogging? 

How time consuming it would be, although I wouldn't change a thing! 

6) If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, which album would you choose and why

This is tough. Right now maybe something by Dorothy since I'm loving their stuff. Or Balligomingo's first album or Yes' 90125. 

7) If you could be friends with one author, who would you be friends with and why? 

Probably George RR Martin.  

8) What are your three favorite literary characters? 

I don't know that I have favorite literary characters as such, but here's a stab.

Madeline from Big Little Lies. 

Winnie the Pooh  

Captain Nemo- maybe just because I want to cruise under the sea in the Nautilus!

9) What are your three favorite quotes? 

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
"That is the only time a man cab be brave,' his father told him."

"In the last days of the last moonphase of autumn a wind blew from the northern ranges through the dying forests of Askatevar, a cold wind that smelled of smoke and snow."

"Everyone was drunk. It was actually a great night until it all went to shit."

10) If you could shape shift into any animal, which animal would you choose? 

Probably a cat.  

11) If you could have any blogger guest post on your blog, who would you choose and why? 

Oh my gosh I have no idea! Too many to name... although I'd love to have anyone who is interested!

My Questions: 

1) Coffee or tea?

2) Name an historical era you'd go back to, if you could go back in time

3) Ultimate vacation spot

4) Which country would you most like to read about as a plot setting?

5) Name your favorite animal in a story

6) If you could only save three books, which would they be?

7) Victorian era or the Renaissance?

8) Do you believe in afterlife?

9) If you could have only one social media account, which would you pick?

10) Favorite relationship in a book 

I nominate: 

I don't know who likes to do these anymore, so I'll just nom some bloggers who I enjoy interacting with. Feel free to disregard. And if YOU want to do it, go ahead- I could list bloggers all day and still not get everyone.

LaLa in the Library
Shannon at It Starts At Midnight
Lys at The Mad Reader
JJ at This Dark Material
Danielle at Books, Vertigo and Tea
Jolene at Jo's Book Blog
Suzanne at The Bookish Libra
Anna at Read and Repeat
Jennifer at Book Den
Kristen at Metaphors & Moonlight
Elizabeth at So Long And Thanks For All The Fish 

7 comments:

  1. Angel wings for sure! Congrats on the award!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate answering these questions sometimes cause I feel my answers are boring but I love reading other people’s answers. I get the know more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on you with the werewolf and angel wings! Congratulations on the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this is fun! And thanks for tagging me, I need to do another tag post one of these days, I love your questions too- though you know you're going to get a whole monologue about the afterlife hah.

    The drunk quote made me chuckle! That sounds about right hah. I wholly disagree about the vampire-werewolf thing and here is why: Vampires still look like/kind of ARE humans. Werewolves, on the other hand, are hairy and they can't use toilets and when they shift, they're naked in public. So sure, you can be human *sometimes* but then sometimes you're peeing in the woods and choking on a hairball. Just saying. Also, vampires get to sleep all day and be up all night. I might already be one, who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck updating your blog! It is a ton of work but super fun and rewarding. Not sure how you accomplish stuff on Blogspot but I'm sure you'll figure it out. (PS. I too want to shapeshift into a cat... or if we are dreaming big time a little dragon!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always a great night until everything goes to shit. Ha! XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be a vampire as long as I can have other foods as well as blood and still enjoy them. Living forever means I really can read all the books!

    ReplyDelete