Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Two Dark Reigns Spoiler Discussion

Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)

You can see my non spoilery review but as this series is so twisty and fun, I wanted to post some additional thoughts and get your opinions as well. Have you read this series? If not, what are you waiting for? It's bonkers! But beware- this discussion will have spoilers for the entire series at this point. 

I'm just going to do this in a stream of consciousness way, as things occur to me. As always, feel free to chime in- what do you think? 

  • I've always liked all three queens, but I think Mirabella is definitely my favorite now. Poor Katharine means well, and when she's herself I feel for her- but her Undead state is pretty wicked. And I guess Pietyr's toast?                                                                                              
  • Mathilde the oracle says that Jules was once a queen and may be again. What does that mean? Are we going to find that Jules has some connection to Illiann or Daphne?                                                                                                                                                                 
  • I did not see the plot twist coming with Daphne having ruled in Illiann's stead. Wow- they were sisters, too. But it's not spelled out that Daphne killed her, or did I read it wrong? Although it certainly appears that Daphne did? Also, is Daphne really Roxane from the Prologue- the elemental queen who was supposedly killed?                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • I loved the ambiguity of the mist- no one knowing what exactly it was about.                             
  • Emilia pushes Jules pretty hard- and it's hinted she has feelings for her. What do you think of Emilia?                                                                                                                                         
  • I enjoyed seeing Arsinoe and Jules retain their close friendship when they were reunited- with the whole rebellion thing I was afraid Blake would have them be at odds, and so far she didn't go that way.                                                                                                                        
  • Nice to see Bree struggle a bit with her loyalty to the crown, given that she was so close to Mira                                                                                                                                              
  • Did anyone else roll their eyes when Arsinoe didn't tell Mira what Daphne told her- about Mira needing to die?                                                                                                                            
  • Mira loved Joseph! At least as much as she could, considering how little time they had together. I know Mirabella/ Joseph is a sore topic for some, but I'm glad she addressed that.                                                                                                                                                       
  • Katharine killed the Lermont oracle- is she redeemable?                                                            
  • The shopkeeper who tells Arsinoe it's nice to see a good poisoner- I liked that angle. I guess a poisoner could just as well be a healer, right? Have the Arrons kind of corrupted what poisoners could be, hence the hatred towards them?                                                                                                                                                   
  • Mirabella tells Emilia they can't put Jules on the throne (at least not in her current state)- is that enough to sway her to Katharine? 
Who is your favorite character- and do you have any predictions? 

13 comments:

  1. I really want to start this series. I am sure I'd be sucked in by its darkness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I quickly scooted past all the stuff because - I HAVNE'T READ THE LAST BOOK YET! It's been a manic year. I just wanted to stop by and say sorry I've been so MIA and that I'm starting over fresh again so hopefully I'll do better on the blogging as from NOW!!! I'm so glad that you've been enjoying this series because I remember you first checking it out and I'm thrilled that it sounds like you've really gotten into it. It's EXACTLY my sort of series. But now with my reading schedule being so far behind and the next one only publishing next year it might also be an idea for me to just reread them all when that one publishes!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di! And you don't have to aologize- blogging is wacky and real life has to come first! I'm just glad you're still around! You're always welcome here. It is a fun series and I just read the 3rd book- I liked it but it was a little less- -I don't know, I wanted more to happen? Although the story is changing now- I guess when you go from 2 books to four gonna happen- but it's a fun ride! I hope you enjoy when you get to it!

      Delete
  3. The cover grabbed me, but I haven't read any of the books...yet...so I skimmed over that part.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this third book yet, still debating. For me the books are so slow, and I'm still hung up on the Jules/Joseph/Mira thing from the first book. I guess I never understood the Jules/Joseph relationship from the start? I mean, wasn't he exiled for like 5 or 6 years? So they were kids when they last saw each other? And he comes back and it's just understood that they're together. IDK. But I do think Katharine is my favorite queen, she's so wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing cover. I skimmed your thoughts and wondered how this series fell off my radar? Thanks for the reminder, I’m must go a hunting ... ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another book/series I've seen you featuring in several posts! I'm super intrigued because you enthusiasm is contagious! AND it sounds like the kind of read I'd love: DARK :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAIT. What if Jules is a REINCARNATION of one of the dead Queens!? That would be interesting. Take things to a new level.

    Also yes, I think Daphne IS that same prologue person? At least, that is how I read it. I think Mirabella is at the very least tied for my fave now. Arsinoe was a tad annoying in this one tbh. Katharine... well, I don't *hate* her but I also doubt she'll be in the running for my favorite anytime soon. I still can't believe that Joseph is really dead, I was sure (am sure?) that he was going to pop back up. Too much focus on his deadness, basically.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha love that there are so many of us reading this spoiler post who haven't read the books. I love spoilers - they help me decide if a book is for me. Thinking of trying these now!
    Jen Ryland Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to be finally cured of herpes simplex virus  by herbalist Razor,Ever since i was diagnosed with the virus i have been using medical drugs to suppress it, i later realized it was causing more damage to my health than the virus,i opted for herbs and got to find out about the great work herbalist Doctor razor have been doing with his herbal remedy. i contacted him and he promised to help me get rid of it,after 4 days i received a package fro the delivery service and it was from the doctor who sent me the herbal treatment in Dallas,Texas USA, And he instructed me on how i was going too take in for the 18 days. After completing the dosage he told e to go for a medical checkup and when i did the doctors conducted some test on me but they were stunned that my status was now negative,they conducted several test on me to be sure. i even went to Medical City Dallas Hospital, where they conducted another test and it was still negative. I am so grateful to you herbal doctor razor , God will continue to prosper you,i pray the world gets to know about you and your herbal exploits. Reach him on his email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com Whatsapp/Call his cell phone on +2349065420442. PLEASE SHARE , SO THE WORLD CAN GET TO KNOW ABOUT HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1/2) for good four (4) years, six (7) months and twelve (10) days with my calculations, before I met Doctor Razor. I am from Houston, Texas USA,I was affected with herpes simplex virus.  Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucus membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for over 4 years. I have visited so many hospitals in Houston for treatment but no improvement. I met Doctor Razor on the internet while I was searching for herpes cure,I read some testimonies about his work. I decided to give  his herbal medication a trial, which have now become a testimony in my life. i am so grateful to God almighty for sending doctor Razor my way when i thought all hope was lost. You too can get cured of herpes Simplex virus, if i could overcome it. Reach out to doctor razor via his clinic email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com. Whatsapp his cell phone ON +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete