Thursday, March 28, 2019

Comic of the Week #64

Monsters On The Prowl #16 (1972).  Cover art: John Severin.  Publisher: Marvel Comics.  The Best UNDERWATER Comic Book Covers.  A collection of some of the top underwater comic book covers ever created - album by BATCAVEDWELLER!

Comic of the Week has been on a long hiatus but I wanted to bring it back since I've been reading graphic novels and comics again. Every week I'm going to showcase a comic or GN cover- could be old, could be new- and share a few thoughts on why I think it's special. Do you like what I picked out? Let me know in the comments, and as always, if you have a favorite cover or piece of comic art, let me know! 

This week is Monsters On the Prowl #16. 

To be honest the main thing I like about this one is that upper left cover image of the serpent man with the dagger. Love that!  

5 comments:

  1. It's a great cover. And a great title! Like one of those old sci-fi movies they used to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this one though that little dagger looks far too small for the monster he's fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The serpent with the dagger caught my eye right away too. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sea serpents and dinosaurs and this creature looks like a hybrid, so yes, I like it; I like it a lot. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the upper left too but the cover is kind of cool to.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete