Monday, March 4, 2019

Best Music Art


I'm a big fan of cover art, as many of my readers know, but something I talk about less is good music art. Actually I don't think I've ever talked about it. Whether it's vinyl album art or a CD case, or just promo art to go with streaming or Internet radio, concept art can be a powerful tool for conveying an artists' ideas or mood. I find that ambient music and so-called New Age music is especially rich in awesome cover art, but progressive rock and other forms of music also have great examples. 

So I thought I'd share some of my favorite pieces of album art, and while electronic music is well represented I tried to draw from as many diverse sources as I could. Let me know in the comments which are your favorites, or share your own.  

Chrysalis

Across an Ocean of Dreams

Valley In The Clouds

A View From The Bridge

Wings



Image result for yes keys to ascension 2 art

The 10 Essential Roger Dean Covers - Legendary Prog Sleeves

Desert Vision

Savitri


Deep Peace 

16 comments:

  1. I love album art as well. It's sad that we lost a lot of it when CDs came out (IMO).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Greg. I'm very fond of album art, as I own a TON of vinyl from my "youth" lol. And I'm pretty sure I have that Yes album!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Tammy! I am too. And I love Yes' art

      Delete
  3. blue can be so gorgeous on the cover, the mermaid one is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been quite a while since I've seen album art, but these are quite beautiful. The 2 that I remember from waaay back in the day(lol), would definitely be Stairway to Heaven and many from Earth Wind & Fire. It's pretty cool how so many from back then are worth money, and how the young people really enjoy them these days. Happy Monday and Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that vinyl made a comeback of sorts! Are cassettes next? lol but yes I love album art, or concept art for music. And ooh EWF I hadn't thought of them but their stuff is so distinctive also!

      Delete
  5. Love these! Especially Across an Ocean of Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love cover art, too! Across An Ocean of Dreams is such a beautiful one. They're all very artistic.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Across an Ocean of Dreams is such a beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh so many pretty ones. Across an ocean of dreams is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I like these! Especially the first two and the last one! You know, the one downfall of digital music is that it's rare to even see album covers these days. I remember ages ago getting excited to see what they looked like, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mostly listen to music on YouTube, so I never really get to see music art. You found some really interesting and fantastical ones though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the 2002 album covers I haven't listen to them but want to give them a try.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete