Monday, November 14, 2016

Cover Characteristics On The Run


Cover Characteristics is a meme by Sugar and Snark- every week a characteristic is selected and we post 5 books with that week's theme.   


This week's pick- On The Run 

The rogue topics continue as Cover Characteristics is officially on hiatus. This week- people on the run!

Shattered (Slated, #3)Perry's Killer Playlist (Perry & Gobi, #2)Ace Books #D-472 - 1960 - artist unknown. Ace may not have been the greatest publisher, but a lot of their covers are solid gold.Image result for passport to peril seriesLogan's Run (Logan, #1)

  Shattered (Slated, #3)

I like how the character is running through a misty woods here. 

Perry's Killer Playlist (Perry & Gobi, #2)

Cool cover design with them running through the letters- and the bullet hole in the right corner. 

Ace Books #D-472 - 1960 - artist unknown. Ace may not have been the greatest publisher, but a lot of their covers are solid gold.

Love this one.  

Image result for passport to peril series

I like this one for the snow and the cold moon. Plus she really looks terrified. 



I guess the running is over in this case, but I wanted to include this one anyway since I liked it. She clearly WAS on the run. 



Again I might be pushing it but she looks like she's on run. I love this cover- all the details, like the column with a face in it, and the temple in the background. 


19 comments:

  1. Such a unique topic, I love it! But what's with so many women being chased by shady men in cars? Haha.

    I like the design on the people running through the letters, that's fun. And I've never seen these covers for the Maze Runner, but they're nice. I've never really loved the originals. I think the top Maze Runner cover is my favorite though since it portrays the book the best and show the walls of the maze and the guy running. I actually liked that series. Have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I know, right? And those two covers seem very similar...

      I love those Maze Runner covers. Haven't seen em before either, but I'd like to have em. The other covers are just whatever. I have not read the books, although I have watched the movies. I liked them but I understand they're different. Should I read them?

      Delete
  2. Nice choice of topic! I like your selection -- and I have to admit, the older covers have more character for me than the newer ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo and I agree- I think some of those older covers have a lot of character! So different but in a good way- I like the illustration on a lot of those.

      Delete
  3. I'm enjoying your Rogue topic choices :)

    Such a variety of covers and I really enjoyed them all. I didn't realize the Maze Runner had so many different covers. The version I had when I read it didn't have any of the covers posted, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Berls! I never knew there were so many different Mazr covers either- I love those ones w/ the maze on the front.

      Delete
  4. Great bunch of covers Greg. I can't imagine they were that easy to find. I don't recall seeing people running on too many covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) You'd be surprised how hard it was to find covers w/ people running! I thought it would be easy, but it wasn't really.

      Delete
  5. Love it! I'm not sure if Night for Screaming or Passport to Peril is my favorite but they're all pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THose two are favorites of mine too. They just have that old pulpy quality lol.

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen those covers of the Maze Runner series but they are AWESOME!! I wish Dasher had kept them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed Perry's Killer Playlist, in part because the love interest is Latvian. And I am heartily amused by the strategic beach grass placement on the gloriously titled "You're Lonely When You're Dead."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a cool cover? And you're right she's LAtvian, I had forgotten that. A fun series. And yes thank goodness for the convenient beach grass right? :)

      Delete
  8. I really like the alt maze runner covers. Have never seen them before. Also like the old classic covers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I like this topic, great choice! The Maze Runner covers are REALLY good. I don't think I have seen any of them, except the first one you listed. I am a fan! Also, I think the cover for Shattered would have been PERFECT... had the face not been in the corner. WHY is the face in the corner of an otherwise good cover?! (I know the whole series is like that but... still, why?) The Logan's Run one is a great classic one! And sadness for those women about to be mowed down by the cars, bad days for them. I have to wonder, if the plot is similar in all of them- and of course, the sequel is the dead lady one hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those Maze Runner covers, I had not seen them before. And I love that cover of shattered, but you're right- lose the face and just have the girl running, with the misty woods- would be awesome! Ha no doubt about the women running- I only noticed afterwards they're almost the same cover, other than the weather conditions lol and their clothes I guess. And yeah the woman on the beach didn't make it sadly...

      Delete
  10. That cover for Shattered by Teri Terry is lovely. Much nicer than the version I have!

    ReplyDelete