Monday, May 12, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #22



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. To participate you grab your current read, open to a random page and share (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INLUDE SPOILERS (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away. You don't want to ruin the book for others). Share the title and author.

"I don't know. She left, " she says, and abruptly walks away. 
Did she leave, or was she stolen? She climbed into that car of her own free will. 

Shattered by Teri Terry  

Shattered

My pick this week is the conclusion of the Slated trilogy. I'm a big fan of these books, they're a great dystopian read but rather than end of the world stuff it's more of an oppressive future where the government mindwipes people that don't cooperate. Kyla is an awesome heroine who wants to find out who she really is...but how can she do that when everything is a lie? This should be a mindbending read. You can also read my reviews of Slated and Fracture if you want.  


7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a series I would like. Since it fits in with my UK reading this year, I just requested Slated from the library!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I requested the first book from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good teaser and what sounds like an interesting take on the dystopian theme. Thanks for visiting my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/05/13/teaser-tuesday-may-13/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! "Did she leave or was she stolen" is a great teaser line, particularly out of context.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read these books, but it's an interesting teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series sounds like it's exactly my type of read! I'mm off to add the first in the series to my Goodreads wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had Slated on my TBR since 2012. O.O I really need to get to this series!

    ReplyDelete