Monday, June 11, 2018

Cover Love Pulp Covers II

Image result for no luck for a lady pulp cover

Over the last couple years I've been spotlighting pulp covers on my Sunday Post every week. It's been fun and you'd think I would run out of material after a while, but no- the hits just keep coming. :) Seriously, there is no shortage of excellent, um, interesting pulp covers to be found! And I got thinking- which ones are my favorites? After all, I've run quite a few so far! So, here are some of my favorites- this is part two. 

21529769-57-PassportToPeril



You're lonely when you're dead:

Image result for violence is golden pulp cover





Image result for the mystery of the blue train pulp cover

Image result for case of the radioactive redhead pulp cover

Death Has Three Lives

Image result for charlie chan carries on cover

20 comments:

  1. I'm kind of in love with these covers. I used to have a colouring book of pulp book covers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These covers are so trippy and some are unintentionally hilarious and I love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pulp covers though sometimes they can be just a little too much! I think the Agatha Christies are my favorite because normally everyone is at least mostly dressed. I love the one you shared though it has absolutely nothing to do with the events in the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it? See I didn't know that. :) And yes some of those covers *grin* are SO over the top- like were they seriously on spinner racks back in thw day???

      Delete
  4. These are so much fun. I think No Sense of Shame and The Case of the Radioactive Redhead are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh No Sense of Shame CRACKS me up!

      Delete
  5. I love Death Has Three Lives. It's so much fun looking at some of these old cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice cover! And yes some of these are... something!

      Delete
  6. These are fabulous! Whenever I see them, I get all logical- like in the first one I am like "wow, that girl totally has frostbite now, that must be painful". When I mean, she's being chased by a killer and the snow is probably the least of her problems? And then You're Lonely When You're Dead... I am pondering like, well ARE you? Or are you just dead? With other dead people? And obviously I put wayyy more thought into these than anyone ever should, but that is why I like them hah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, gotta love pulp covers! They are so dated and ridiculous, but they definitely have a special charm and I have so much fun looking at them.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, these covers! They crack me up as mcuh as I find them fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I love all of these. I kinda want to go back and read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG The Murderer Vine! That cover slays me. 😂I have to say, pulp fiction covers really do "go there" and I like that about them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pulp covers are a lot of fun. The taglines are a mess, haha. "Underwater she had the conscience of a shark." What does that even mean??? Lol. And the perfectly placed grass on the one cover, haha.

    ReplyDelete