Monday, December 14, 2015

Cover Characteristics #9



Cover Characteristics is a meme by Sugar and Snark- every week a characteristic is selected and we post 5 books with that week's theme. 

This week's theme- Snakes 

Snake Bite (Young Sherlock Holmes, #5)Hide and Snake Murder (A Shay O'Hanlon Caper, #2)Conan: Conan the Usurper (Book 8)The Snake, the Crocodile and the Dog (Amelia Peabody, #7)Tarzan and the Forbidden City (Tarzan, #20)
Doomwyte (Redwall, #20)The Serpent Grail: The Truth Behind The Holy Grail, The Philosopher's Stone and The Elixir of Life

This was interesting this week, I didn't find much initially but had a little more luck after digging a bit. I found the first five and was going to go with those, but I wasn't really satisfied so I kept looking. I think Snake Bite is my favorite, although The Snake, The Crocodile and the Dog isn't bad either. But then there's The serpent Grail- I just like the snake wrapped around the chalice. Cool cover.

So... I'll go with these two I guess. If I had to pick one I'd say The Serpent Grail is my fave.

Snake Bite (Young Sherlock Holmes, #5)The Serpent Grail: The Truth Behind The Holy Grail, The Philosopher's Stone and The Elixir of Life


14 comments:

  1. Loool, Snake Plisken !!! I went to see the movie in Paris years ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found a nice range of snake covers. I like The Serpent Grail, The Brotherhood of the Snake, and Hide and Snake Murder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was fun. I didn't really like the first ones I found, so I had to dig more. :)

      Delete
  3. These are great. I love the retro Tarzan and Conan covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't love the snake covers though you found some fun ones! I think the Young Sherlock Holmes cover is my favorite. It definitely pops out at me the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, snakes aren't exactly the topic I would have picked but it does force you to dig a bit. I like this meme because you never know what you're going to come up with.

      Delete
  5. Ooh that Snake Bite one is cool for sure, but I'm torn about my favorite because I also love Snake in the Grass (obviously since I chose it too lol), The Brotherhood of the Snake, and The Serpent Grail. I like the bold, dark colors and the simplicity of The Serpent Grail, plus I too think the snake just looks cool like that. So I think I'm choosing that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's the best one I think. When I saw it I was like oh yeah, that one. :) Some you're not sure you want to use but that one was a keeper.

      Snake Bite is cool though too. And Brotherhood of the Snake- I didn't mention that one but it is a good cover, it does draw the eye.

      Delete
    2. Btw, next week since there is no topic I'm just doing a post with my top ten favorite covers from books I've read this year. Feel free to join in if you want :-)

      Delete
    3. That sounds good. I was thinking of that since I saw they're taking a break. Great idea for a topic. :)

      Delete
  6. Great picks! Your Brotherhood of the Saints is similar to my top one, Cursed.
    Check out my Covers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think The Serpent Grail is my favorite!
    Thanks for joining in last year :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete