Monday, December 21, 2015

Cover Characteristics #10



Cover Characteristics is a meme by Sugar and Snark- every week a characteristic is selected and we post 5 books with that week's theme. 

This week's theme- Best Covers of Books 

Sugar and Snark are on break for the next two weeks so we're doing a freebie. So... below are the covers I liked the most this year, or I just thought were really effective. As I went through my books I realized there weren't a TON of covers I liked, many were just okay, and some of these already showed up on my Top Ten books of the year post- but having said that, some of these I'm quite fond of.  

Big Little LiesEight Hundred GrapesThe Deep EndThe Blue: A NovelTime Salvager (Time Salvager #1)Deadfall (Blackbird, #2)All We Have Is NowA School for Unusual Girls (Stranje House, #1)Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1)Cash Crash Jubilee: Book One of the Jubilee CycleNeed

So... which is my favorite? Tough call. I think these three might be my faves... and if I had to go with one, I'd say Time Salvager. Maybe. Or The Blue... depending on when you ask me. :)  


The Deep EndThe Blue: A NovelTime Salvager (Time Salvager #1)

Honorable mention goes to this one- I like this one because it's a rainy, neon- drenched dystopian scene- it makes me want to know more. 

Cash Crash Jubilee: Book One of the Jubilee Cycle


8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really do like that Crash Crash Jubilee cover, except it's bothering me that I can't find the author's name :-/

    My favorites though... probably Eight Hundred Grapes and A School for Unusual Girls. The first is so simple but eye catching. The second is just pretty.

    Every time I see Need though it makes me all interested, which is what a cover is supposed to do, right? So that's a great one too, but they're all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh whoops, I was looking at the cover that shows the back but the authors name is right there on the first one haha.

      Delete
    2. Eight Hundred Grapes is good, I won that one in a giveaway or might never have read it. Cash Crash Jubilee just grew on me, especially when I saw the expanded version. I like dystopian images like that.

      Need I've always liked too, she just looks pissed off in that cover and I love it. :)

      Even Big Little Lies- I didn't pick it as a fave but for some reason that cover always get my attention whenever I see it.

      Delete
  2. Tough topic! There are so many book covers that I love that narrowing them down without a specific topic would be seriously challenging. I do like the ones you've selected. The Blue is probably my favorite but I also like how Cash Crash Jubilee uses both front and back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough- lots to choose from this year! I like Blue the best too, probably, byt yes Cash Crash Jubilee is also good. I always like a good wraparound cover!

      Delete
  3. These are some great covers. I really love Eight Hundred Grapes and Cash Crash Jubilee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I read a fair amount of dystopia (although I didn't this year, oddly enough) but just didn't have many covers to choose from in that area, other than Cash Crash. And Eight Hundred- it's such a nice cover. I have a physical copy and it looks great in person (so to speak) too!

      Delete
  4. This post made me really take a closer look at these covers. I think my favourites that you listed are Big Little Lies and All We Have Is Now.
    Nice post, Greg. :)

    ReplyDelete