Wednesday, November 12, 2014

HoHoHo Readathon Wrap Up

HoHoHoRAT_300x300

The HoHoHo readathon has come and gone and I'm sorry to see it go. It was a lot of fun reading the posts and doing the challenges, and there was even a Twitter party. A big shout out and kudos to Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Jennifer at Book Shelfery for hosting this. This was my second year doing this readathon and it is a blast. I got through two books and that was pretty good for me with time constraints and work. Even better, I acquired a few other Christmas reads, so I'll spend the next month or so reading those for the holidays. Here's what I read:


What Happens At Christmas (Millworth Manor, #1)

This was a spur of the moment buy, I just liked the cover. Does it just say Christmas or what? This is more of a romance than a mystery, so not my usual read, but I enjoyed it.


7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun books to read during this read-s-thon with more books to read as the holidays approach!!

    I ended up reading 7 titles during the Ho-Ho-Ho Read-A-Thon, which was fun... I wasn't sure if I'd be able to read all 7 titles, but amazingly I did. They were all pretty short reads.... novellas mainly.

    Here's a link to my wrap up post for the Ho-Ho-Ho Read-A-Thon. http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/11/ho-ho-ho-read-thon-wrap-up-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look like good books. I really want to the Twelve Clues of Christmas. That one looks like it would be a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Twelve Clues of Christmas but haven't read it yet. I'm definitely looking forward to trying it. I have mixed feelings about Victoria Alexander. I used to absolutely love her but the last few books haven't grabbed me. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one despite it not being your normal read. I may have to revisit her. Great job on the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Victoria Alexander but I like the cover of her book and Ho-Ho-Homicide looks good too.

    Congrats on getting your books read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh...new blog is a work in progress and previous comment left no url!
    I would love to read Winter Frost if only because of that gnome on the cover with the big hidey-tree! I love gnomes of all sorts and Scandinavian children's stories.
    by the way, my new url: http://viewfrommyhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had fun with the read-a-thon too. My parents were over so I'm surprised I was able to get any reading done. But it's good we both got to participate in the read-a-thon. So are you in the holiday spirit now?? I am and I want to listen to Christmas songs already lol.

    ReplyDelete