Monday, September 14, 2020

Top Ten Tues #220


 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week a new Top Ten list will be posted. Everyone is welcome to join. Link back so everyone can check out other bloggers' lists. It's a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers.

So this week is part two of my cover freebie featuring favorite covers. I'm spotlighting Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys covers, along with a couple tongue-in-cheek takeoffs on the originals. Enjoy! 


book cover of Hunting for Hidden Gold

40. The Secret of the Golden Pavilion  Nancy’s grandfather asks her for help with some complications in his inheritance of his estate in Honolulu, Hawaii,    Read more: Original Nancy Drew Books in Order - Summary of Nancy Drew Mysteries - Country Living

The Hardy Boys

Paperback Paradise (@paprbckparadise) | Twitter

The Ghost at Skeleton Rock (Hardy Boys, book 37) by Jim Lawrence

Appropriate Hardy Boys Titles - Imgur

Frank and Joe Hardy are determined to bring to justice the vicious criminalswho kidnapped their detective father while he was investigation sabotage of aroad-building project in the Kentucky wilderness. After Mr. Hardy’s escape,the two young sleuths are spurred into action when he mumbles the word "Felix"and they discover a dossier of a notorious ex-convict was stolen from hisfiles. The trail leads them to New York City but ends abruptly in a cemetery!With the new clue of a spiral symbol the boy


A blind peddler’s warning and a weird glass eye plunge Frank and Joe Hardyinto one of the most baffling cases they have ever tackled. The youngdetectives’ investigation takes them to a walled estate guarded by savagedogs, where a wealthy businessman is hiding out in fear for his life. In aclimax that will hold the reader spellbound with suspense, Frank and Joe findthemselves trapped in a sinister house of mystery where there seems to be noescape!


A long-distance telephone call from Chet Morton’s uncle summons Frank and JoeHardy and their staunch pal Chet to a summer art school, located near old FortSenandaga which is reputed to be inhabited by a ghost. The young detectives’assignment: recover two famous oil paintings stolen from the valuablePrisoner-Painter collection owned by Jefferson Davenport. Mr. Davenportreveals that one of the famous pictures contains a clue to the hiding place ofa priceless gold chain. Vicious threats and deadly

When Nancy learns that the Drews’ housekeeper has been duped by an elegantlydressed woman into buying a stolen fur piece, the young detective starts asearch for the clever swindler. To Nancy’s astonishment, she discovers thatthe woman is using the name Nancy Drew. The dishonest acts of the impostorpoint the finger of suspicion at Nancy herself and result in her beingquestioned by the police. Join Nancy in this thrilling mystery as she solvesthe mystery and clears her name.

30 comments:

  1. Always fun to look at the vintage designs of these types of books. I bought some of the newer releases of Nancy Drew in the "old style" (like the same size and in hardcover). Don't know that I'll read them, but it's fun to collect them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to do those covers for you at school. Love these!

    Have you re-read any of these as an adult?

    Happy TTT and here's my Ten books to proof the world does revolve around me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! There's something so charming about these old covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your covers! I just noticed today how similar some of these covers are to the old Choose Your Own Adventure books. Same era, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Nancy Drew titles are much more interesting sounding than the Hardy Boys titles! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picks! I remember a few of these Nancy Drew ones!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great spoof book covers. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/09/ttt-091520.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These covers just take me back! I can still smell the musty library copies I read😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still think these series have some of the best covers. And the ones you added were hilarious. We Dead. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you feel a book cover just by looking at them? I can feel the particular hardback of these that was very common to see in school libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heheheh We Dead! I love these spoof covers! Great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these covers, they are just so classic and fun! I'm also a fan of the tongue-in-cheek ones as well. :) Seeing the titles on those Nancy Drew ones take me right back to reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the old covers for Nancy Drew! So fun! Here is my Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never read much of Nancy Drew or The Hardy Boys when I was young. I didn't enjoy mysteries back then. But it is fun to see that retro aesthetic. I especially like your spoofs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL!!! I love those parody covers! I definitely need to read the original Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew series!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. You gotta love these old covers. So fun!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, I love these vintage books (and the parodies). They remind me of the books I grew up reading. Those had brilliantly awful covers.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "We Dead" will never NOT make me laugh! Also... I genuinely cannot tell if the Chums one is real or fake so... well done either way to that title person 😂

    ReplyDelete
  19. 😂😂😂 I spit out my juice when I saw your tongue in cheek ones! Omg Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that you used the original covers and that you blended in some of the satirical covers. They're funny

    ReplyDelete
  21. The fake Hardy Boys covers are priceless. Love those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic! Nancy Drew covers are my absolute favorite and Hardy Boys are a close second though I didn't read nearly as many as a kid. I had to laugh at the fake covers. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love those cheeky covers! I'd LOVE to be reading that on a bus!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant, I love the two funny 'takes' on the original covers.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete