Monday, September 22, 2014

Frightfall Read-a thon Kick Off



The Frightfall Read-a-thon is here! As the cold winds of autumn blow and the leaves begin to fall, it is time for scary reads and spine tingling thrills. See here for rules and all the details.

The readathon starts next Monday but I wanted to get my kick off post up a little early, now that I know what I'm reading next week. Consider joining us if you want to share some thrilling or scary reads of your own.

This year I'm going to start off with a classic... I have never read this, and very little of Christie in general, so I'm looking forward to a good mystery.

And Then There Were None

I'm looking forward to this one too... sounds like a thrill ride.

Blackbird (Blackbird, #1)

The chances of me getting through more than two books in a week are slim, so I'll go with these for now... and it will be a good read-a-thon for me if I finish these. Thanks to Michelle at seasons of Reading for hosting this,,, and happy reading!

10 comments:

  1. Nice picks!! I loved reading And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. It's one of my very Agatha Christie reads. I'm curious to see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it's a good place to start with her, and a classic. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

      Delete
  2. Good choices! And Then There Were None is a tiny bit dated (I re-read it to prepare for a YA retelling) but a classic. And Blackbird was really interesting!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured a Christie might be a bit dated, so I'm not sure how I'll take to it, but I like the premise. I liked TEN by Gretchen McNeil which I understand is a homage to it, or based on it, anyway...and Blackbird, in spite of all the angst about the 2nd person POV, just looks fun to me.

      Delete
  3. Great selections but .... I thought the readathon was next week. I'm signed up and it looks like it starts on the 29th. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I'm just a little early with my start up post. :) I realized after I put it up that I should probably have waited for next week...

      Delete
  4. That looks like it will be a fun readathon. I hope you enjoy! You already know how much I loved And Then There Were None. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do, your review and some other Christie enthusiasts out there got me thinking now was the time t otackle this one. And it's kinda embarassing I've never read it. :) I think the readathon will be fun, and the theme appeals to me too.

      Delete
  5. I love And Then There Were None! It's definitely a great place to start with Christie though it is a little different than her others. Hope you enjoy it! Blackbird looks intriguing - much more or a thriller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be good starting point- I've heard so many good things about it! Looking forward to a little more old fashioned mystery too, a classic kind of story- so this should be perfect for the readathon. And of course I'll share my thoughts afterward, which should be fun- I'm really enjoying reviewing mysteries lately, for some reason.

      Blackbird should be a quick read and a thrill ride I think- at 245 pages I hope to get through it quick. :)

      Delete