Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #17 The Paladin Prophecy



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. To participate you grab your current read, open to a random page and share (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INLUDE SPOILERS (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away. You don't want to ruin the book for others). Share the title and author.

"Let's try this way," said Will, pointing to the right. "Run."

The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost p. 299

The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy, #1)

Will is on the run, literally, from the very beginning of this book. Just a regular day becomes something more when Will is chased by black sedans and courted by an exclusive, mysterious academy. I'm not very far along yet, reading time has been in short supply, but hoping to finish this week.

From Goodreads:

Will West is careful to live life under the radar. At his parents' insistence, he's made sure to get mediocre grades and to stay in the middle of the pack on his cross-country team. Then Will slips up, accidentally scoring off the charts on a nationwide exam.

Now Will is being courted by an exclusive prep school . . . and is being followed by men driving black sedans. When Will suddenly loses his parents, he must flee to the school. There he begins to explore all that he's capable of--physical and mental feats that should be impossible--and learns that his abilities are connected to a struggle between titanic forces that has lasted for millennia.

Co-creator of the groundbreaking television series Twin Peaks, Mark Frost brings his unique vision to this sophisticated adventure, which combines mystery, heart-pounding action, and the supernatural


What is your teaser?

15 comments:

  1. I'm not crazy about the cover on this one, but I like the teaser and the blurb. Enjoy!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that crazy about the cover either, to be honest. They could have done amuch better job selling this, seems like. The story is pretty good so far though.

      Delete
    2. I agree. The bit shared does make it sound interesting.

      Delete
  2. Oooh the Twin Peaks connection caught my attention and I like the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It caught mine too even though I'm not super familair w/ that show. Thanks Beth and have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I was never a Twin Peaks fan, but like Laurel-Rain, am intrigued by the teaser and blurb. My teaser: Saint’s Gate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never saw it but I know its well liked by some. He's apparently done some other Hollywood stuff, we'll see how that affects the story. Thanks for visiting Heather.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an entertaining book! Like some others here, I wasn't a fan of Twin Peaks -- too weird. But I might give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good so far, I have to say. I heard that TP was kinda weird...this is kinda formulaic in the sense that boy discovers he has abilities, has to leave everything behind, on the run, people after him, but it's fast- moving and original in a lot of ways.

      Delete
  5. I'm intrigued by your Teaser and the synopsis. Sounds like a fast-paced story.
    My Teaser is from AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very fast- paced. Lots happening... thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Hmmm. I've never seen Twin Peaks, but this does sound good. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds intense! Although from your comments here it sounds like it's a bit predictable. Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty intense so far, he's on the run almost from the get-go. And the plot is a little predictable although I'm not sure where its going, there may be some surprises. A fun read so far!

      Delete