Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Cover Love Journey to the Center of Earth

Related image

Journey to the Center Of The Earth- is there a more evocative book title out there? Of course when this was written it probably seemed a little more plausible but there's still a lot of imagination here, and as I've scrolled through various versions of this book I've been struck by how many amazing covers there are. So here are a few of my faves. 

Image result for journey to the center of earth book cover

Image result for journey to the center of the earth kilian eng

Image result for journey to the center of the earth pinterest

Related image

Related image

Related image

Image result for journey to the center of the earth book covers

Journey to the Center of the Earth (Saddleback's Illustrated Classics)

Image result for journey to the center of the earth book covers

Image result for journey to the center of the earth pinterest

My favorites are 

Image result for journey to the center of the earth pinterest

Image result for journey to the center of the earth pinterest

Related image

24 comments:

  1. I love the fourth one down, with the warm colours against the blue-grey river. It has an almost old-fashioned travel poster vibe? Like the vintage ones you get from Disney?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book does have great covers! I love a lot of them, especially #7😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some fabulous book covers!! I have read Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, crazy how many different covers the book has!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how they're simultaneously so similar yet very different - that feeling of something else is always there

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a decidedly strong choice in book covers. They remind me of the 1970s. When were they mostly published?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these different covers! But then I'm a fan of Journey to the Center of the Earth. I love the book, and I've watched every movie version of it I can find...from the good to the hilarious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is an eye opener to see so many different book covers for this title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Es un genial libro. Cuantas portadas. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The publishers outdid themselves with these diverse covers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all fantastic! I love how colorful they all are. I think the last one is my favorite. I love the giant mushrooms with the river.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read this years ago, and I've watched the movies. Such a good story. These covers are amazing, and so colorful and eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some interesting covers! Some, you wonder were they tripping to come up with some of this art! But fantastic! Thanks for being here! Thank you for your comments! I hope you are having a wonderful week. Lovely fall temps we are having here. Oh, if only I were out enjoying it more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a nice twist on today's TTT topic. I like the one with the elephants, simply because I love elephants. But the tenth book would have been a great one for the typographic list.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all so fun, and I love how nostalgic they look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool!! I always love seeing different variations of covers. Sometimes they do an excellent job and sometimes not so much. Always fascinating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wouldn't it be cool if there were another little world within our world? The second cover, the brown mushrooms one, is cool. I always love the... is it Rock Paper Books covers? The last one in your favorites. I also like the volcano one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't realize there were so many different covers for this book,

    ReplyDelete
  19. The fourth and the last one has to be my favorite! Such a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the variety. Have you ever looked through BookRiot's weird covers lists? Not totally related to this, but once classics are no longer under copyright, people get very creative with the crap Canva covers they slap on a book. It's hilarious, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete