Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday- Bookish Wish
This weeks Top Ten is 10 Wishes relating to books- you wish it and it's done. So... mine is all over the map this week. Some of my choices are for changes I'd like to see in books, and some are just - more general. So here we go.
1) I wish that Ned Stark had not died in A Game of Thrones. Of all the plot twists in those books, the one I've wondered about a lot is... what happened if Ned had taken Renly up on his offer and taken the Red Keep with Renly's help. Bye bye Cersei! And a lot of bad stuff wouldn't happened...
2) I wish I had The Winds of Winter right now to read!
3) I wish I could visit Middle earth- as long as I could come home too. Top stops: Rivendell, followed by the Shire and maybe the Prancing Pony in Bree.
4) I wish comic books were still sold on spinner racks in stores
5) I wish the original (unaltered) Star Wars movies would be released, so I can watch them just as they were presented in theaters originally (and rumor has it this is going to happen). Yay!
6) I wish The 100 Aker Wood was a real place.
7) I wish comics were still all ages friendly for the most part- I mean, there were adult themes popping up when I was reading them, but nothing like today.
8) I wish I could go back in time and visit a bookstore from yesteryear- a lot of books I used to collect were still in print and on the shelves- and they were cheaper too. When I was a kid and got a $20 gift certificate I could get a ton of books when they were only $2.25 or whatever...
9) I wish there was a real Jurassic Park- without the inevitable security breaches!
10) I wish I could think of a tenth wish! Oh well, c'est la vie.
Ooh, I know! I wish I could still get Slurpees in superhero cups.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
The Winds of Winter needs to be out now.ReplyDelete
I'd love to visit the 100 Aker Woods if it were real too... :) Here's my TTT list.ReplyDelete
my husband is really looking forward to The Winds of Winter, he keeps asking me if its out yet wish I had better news for him lolReplyDelete
Nice list of wishes!!ReplyDelete
Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/10/top-ten-tuesday-10-wishes-id-ask-book.html
I've always kind of wondered about what would happen if Ned were still around. I like Cersei, because she's awful..but we'll see how long that lasts. I haven't finished the 4th one yet. I wish comics were cheap...it's surprising how expensive they actually are. At first glance you're like "oh $3 isn't bad"...and then suddenly you're buying two or three series at the same time on a weekly/biweekly basis and it's like at least $20.ReplyDelete
Yes to all!!!!!!! (apart from Slurpees, sadly not really much of a thing my side of the pond!!!). I would love for GRRM to release WOW soon, the man is taking his time!!!ReplyDelete
Oh Slurpees- those are the best. Although to be honest I hardly have them anymore- but as a kid they were the thing. So many flavors...Delete
I love the visiting Middle Earth! I would love to visit so many bookish places. With all the virtual reality tech, maybe it will happen someday!ReplyDelete
Bookstores of yesteryear when books were less expensive? That'd be a dream come true! :) Thanks for visiting Dreaming Under the Same Moon.ReplyDelete
I almost did not finish reading GoT when Ned died. I was so mad!! As a kid I wanted 100 Aker Woods to be real.ReplyDelete
I hated it when that happened. I couldn't believe he did that. Ned was like the moral part of the story and it all fell apart when he left.Delete
Love your wishes! I like your first one about the plot twist. I'm not a big Game of Thrones fan but there have been a few twists in books that I wish just hadn't happened. And I love those slurpee cups!ReplyDelete
I like those too- I probably had a few back in the day. Now I see them on ebay- they seem fairly popular! This was a fun list to put together...:)Delete
Oh man, some awesome wishes! If you go to Middle Earth or the 100 Aker Wood, , I want to come along too! It would be nice to still buy comics from a spinner, that was fun. Good list!ReplyDelete
This was fun this week. I miss the old spinner racks! And it sure would be fun to traipse around Middle Earth...Delete
I would be so down to visit those places if they were real! I'd probably start with 100 Aker Wood though since it seems the least dangerous lol. And because I love Eeyore, gloom and all :-PReplyDelete
Yes, I think 100 Acre Wood would be the safest LOL. I would love to visit some of those world.Delete
And how can you not like Eeyore? He's like a realist. :)
Does #5 mean that Hayden Christensen wouldn't be the ghost at the end of the final film? I could get behind that. Also, the super-hero cup slurpees made me smile; I've never seen those but they're really cool!ReplyDelete
A real Jurassic Park would be so cool. I'd spend all my weekends there .ReplyDelete
OMG seriously, I would die happily if I could visit Jurassic Park!! Provided I didn't get eaten, but maybe even then.. My headstone would be unique at least :DReplyDelete
Jurassic Park- how cool would that be? Yeah it might even be worth the risk ha ha.Delete
Oh yes, the Hundred Acre Wood. I would love it if that were a real place. I think I'd fit in rather well there. Also Middle Earth. I'd make a very good Hobbit actually, small, loves food, doesn't travel very far. Vising Middle Earth would be amazing. Guess I'll have to take a field trip to New Zealand some day.ReplyDelete
The Hundred Acre Wood- adult or not, I'd love to visit! :) And an extended holiday in Middle earth wouldn't be bad either... I've heard the sets in NZ are awesome.Delete
I wish Winds of Winter was finished too. XD I'm on A Dance with Dragons and kind of terrified to finish and have no more books to go onto!! I'm sad Ned died, but he kind of catalysted the WHOLE series...so...he needed to?! (Omg that sounded HORRIBLE to say!!)ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!
Those cups are so cool! And good call in the bookstore from the past! Can you even imagine the books we could find? And we could buy multiple copies, and then sell them for so much more! And then use that money to buy MORE books. The possibilities are endless ;) Great list!!ReplyDelete
Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight
Fantastic list! I definitely agree with 1 and 3 and I really hope 5 happens. I finally bought the first three movies on DVD when they were made available again but I'd love it if the original versions were released. I miss that!ReplyDelete
We are planning to do a Star Wars movie marathon program (just the older movies) at the library in December and I'm hoping to track down original versions on DVD to show.