Monday, August 4, 2014

Comic of the Week #2 Silver Surfer



Silver Surfer #4, by Stan Lee and John Buscema. This is a classic, and expensive too- not an easy copy to obtain these days. I've always loved this cover, and the story is not bad  either. Basically Loki tricks the noble Silver Surfer into fighting Thor, and they have a throwdown of epic proportions before all is revealed. This was from a time when the Surfer was a tragic, brooding but noble figure- and he had a sens of grandeur as well that is sometimes missing in later depictions. If you like comics, this is, in my opinion, one of the classics of the art form. It's an older story but holds up well- and of course the art is top notch.


1 comment:

  1. All I can think about it the disastrous Fantastic Four movie. That was really my first time seeing much about Silver Surfer. I have seen people cosplay him though and both times it was pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete