Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #7 Rules of Murder



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm looking forward to  Rules of Murder by Julianna Deering. The blurb says Downton Abbey meets Agatha Christie. OK, I'm in. A murder mystery in a 1930's country house... but this time the sleuth is the lord of the manor, a young heir who decides to try and solve the mystery by himself... along with a beautiful American debutante and houseguest. I read the excerpt at Amazon and liked it. Publication date is August but I think this is already available. I'm going to be all over this.  

I love that cover BTW. 

Rules of Murder

From Goodreads

Drew Farthering loves a good mystery, although he generally expects to find it in the pages of a novel, not on the grounds of his country estate. When a weekend party at Farthering Place is ruined by murder and the police seem flummoxed, Drew decides to look into the crime himself. With the help of his best friend, Nick Dennison, an avid mystery reader, and Madeline Parker, a beautiful and whip-smart American debutante staying as a guest, the three try to solve the mystery as a lark, using the methods from their favorite novels.
Soon, financial irregularities at Drew’s stepfather’s company come to light and it’s clear that all who remain at Farthering Place could be in danger. Trying hard to remain one step ahead of the killer–and trying harder to impress Madeline–Drew must decide how far to take this game

6 comments:

  1. I love that era! & with a murder mixed in, hopefully it will be a good read! Mind stopping by my WoW? http://thereadinghideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this one before, but I love a good mystery. Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy, I hadn't heard of this one, but it is right up my alley. I'm definitely going to have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great cover, and I'm a big fan of mysteries set in that period too...I'll have to keep an eye out for this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds right up my alley! Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely be putting this on my mystery list! :)

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This sounds like it's going to be a great mystery novel! I might just have to check it out :)
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete