Monday, December 5, 2016

Cover Characteristics Snow



Cover Characteristics is a meme by Sugar and Snark- every week a characteristic is selected and we post 5 books with that week's theme.   

This week's pick- Snow

This week we're looking at... snow! With Cover Characteristics on official hiatus it's been all rogue topics all the time around here lately. Kristen at Metaphors and Moonlight came up with this one and it's a great topic for December. 

The Snows of GanymedeToweringImage result for YA book covers with snowWinter of the Gods (Olympus Bound, #2)The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3)Image result for the ice dragon cover artCover of SnowRelated imageFrost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)Image result


The Snows of Ganymede

Another world. Snow! What's not to like?? 

Towering

Always liked this one. 

Image result for YA book covers with snow

Blood and a rose. Nice. 

Winter of the Gods (Olympus Bound, #2)

The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3)

A pretty striking image - lots of deep blue and stars. 

Image result for the ice dragon cover art

This is the Italian version of The Ice Dragon.

Cover of Snow

I like the stark branches and a house in the background- looks vaguely like a thriller? 


Related image

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)

I'm not sure how much snow (any?) is in this pic, but it might be my fave. Probably my fave of the Mercy thompson covers too. 

18 comments:

  1. I almost used Frost Burned and Blood Red, but they didn't go with my collage color scheme lol. And I was also unsure if that was really snow? It must be, I guess, since frost is in the title. It is a nice one though. I've always liked Towering too. And Ice Dragon is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah see you have a color scheme lol. I'm not quite that organized. :) But I do like Frost Burned, and I know... it's very iffy if that's a snow cover, but I do love it. Ice Dragon is cool.

      Delete
  2. You found some really good ones - like The Midnight Star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I like that too. It's a very striking cover.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I agree, After the snow with the cover looking up is a great one -- it's my favourite out of this bunch, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one! Something about looking up and the snowy branches...

      Delete
  4. I like After the Snow and The Midnight Star but even though I don't like holiday books like the snow covers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like snow covers too. And I agree, both of those are nice!

      Delete
  5. I do love a good snow cover! I love the newer covers on the Game of Thrones books-that's the set I bought because of the pretty scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Something about snow just adds something... and I agree even though there have been a lot of GoT covers, I really like that one because it has a very wintry feel.

      Delete
  6. Great topic for the season!! I like After the Snow and Cover of Snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great covers! I really like Blood Red Snow White, After the Snow and Towering! They look really good! I had no idea there were so many different covers for Game of Thrones either! lol

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blood Red Snow White is really cool. :) After the Snow too

      Delete
  8. I think Blood Red Snow White and Winter of the Gods are my two favorites. I need to start the one series though. I read Towering a year or so ago and for some reason, have always liked Flynn's retellings. Wonderful feature. I love to watch it snow - on TV or in the movies, not close up - haha. Actually, last winter was so cold here on some days I would have been grateful if it would have snowed - it would have meant it had to warm up some 0- haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo so many great picks! I love snow on the cover of books. I live in Texas and we don't really get snow so maybe that's why I think it's so pretty lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover for Winter of the Gods. Can't wait to read it either!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh these are good! I LOVE Blood Red Snow White, The Midnight Star (definitely my favorite!) and After the Snow! Winter of the Gods is new to me, but I love it! I like the use of the light. ANd the Italian The Ice Dragon is gorgeous, too! These are fabulous choices!

    ReplyDelete