Friday, December 9, 2016

Bookcover Spotlight #78

Image result for land of hidden men cover

I like this cover a lot- it has a very elemental, almost primal feel to it. The artist is Frank Frazetta and most of his stuff had that feel. There's moss and vines and it looks like a lost world somewhere. And I've included another (very different) version as well- this one I believe is by Roy Krenkel and features a woman on the run from a big cat as well. I like the details, such as the face in the column and the temple in the background. 

The Land of Hidden Men (Original Title: Jungle Girl):



Image result for land of hidden men cover

4 comments:

  1. The big cats are stunning aren't they? I saw a zoo tiger once and photos don't do justice to how beautiful his fur is. I love big cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, the first one has a very primal feel to it. I adore the big cats ♥ especially the Panther since he reminds me of my black cat - who is of course a mini-version LOL! I call him my mini-panther :D The second cover is stunning too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old school Edgar Rice Burroughs covers are all so interesting - there are a few for the Princess of Mars floating around out there that are particularly eye catching. Kinda cool to see covers with two different people portrayed on them, especially since they're so similar overall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These covers are mesmerising aren't they? I remember reading Tarzan books like this from my library and loving the covers!

    ReplyDelete