Monday, July 18, 2016

Cover Characteristics Eggs



Cover Characteristics is a meme by Sugar and Snark- every week a characteristic is selected and we post 5 books with that week's theme.   

This week's pick- Eggs 


I thought a fun twist on this weeks topic would be dragon eggs. However I didn't actually find that many dragon egg covers, so I had to be creative and just go with whatever. 




This one is a faerie dragon or some similar type creature bringing a little snack home. And yes I'm cheating again using magazines, but I couldn't resist. 






I like this cover- it's easy to miss the thief hiding beneath the nest.  

The Barsoom Project (Dream Park, #2)

 It's hard to tell from the cover but there are eggs- I'm assuming they belong to the giant bird which is about to go batshit on those poor dudes. 



Yes I had to resort to comics to fill out this list. 

And... since I had trouble scraping together enough creature eggs, I included a more mundane sort. 

Eggs

I like this cover with the blue and I think this is my favorite. 

17 comments:

  1. I love the one in the blue carton. Totally catches my eye!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too- as soon as I saw it I snapped it up! lol the blue really does do it.

      Delete
  2. I love the Green Eggs and Ham cover! I also like the Dragon magazine cover. I hadn't seen the thief at all until you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that one also. and the thief is easy to miss!

      Delete
  3. I considered looking for dragon eggs in order to do the official topic but still stick to my usual fantasy stuff, but I figured I probably wouldn't find that many. These recent topics just aren't working out very well for us SFF lovers.

    My favorite is The Dragon's Egg, and my second favorite is the magazine cover with the thief. I'm really confused by the Jerry Spinelli book though... where's the title? Lol.

    The only book that even comes to mind for me with eggs is Flipped, but that doesn't even have eggs on the cover, just in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I love the dragon egg twist; I really like hte dragon/thief cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Until this post I had no idea eggs were on so many covers, LOL. The only one that immediately comes to my mind would be Bumped by Megan McCafferty. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, and you did good on finding some Dragon Eggs. I love the blue cartoon cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen that Green Eggs and Ham cover! Neat! And I love the Jerry Spinelli one. I was surprised I didn't find more dragon egg covers in my books, but you sure did! Thanks for visiting my CC post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dragon eggs? I never thought of that! Every year I have a handful of kids, both girls and boys, who read Jerry Spinelli's Eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with the dragon eggs. I liked the minimalist green eggs and ham cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm convinced that you were a dragon slayer or trainer or something in a previous life. Great covers! I love the cover for Green Eggs and Ham! Also used it, but that one is excellent! Here's my CC: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/07/cover-characteristics-eggs.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the minimalist Green Eggs and Ham!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the minimalist Green Eggs and Ham!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green Eggs and Ham ftw! Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dragon butterfly cover is my favorite just for pure oddness.

    ReplyDelete