Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Top Ten Star Wars Moments





As part of SciFi Month I thought it would be fun to share my Top Ten Star Wars Moments. So here for your enjoyment, and in no particular order, are some of my favorites.

The Asteroid Scene - I love the view from the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon as they bob and weave their way through the asteroids. And Threepio bitching the whole time.

Luke's duel with Vader in The Empire strikes Back- the whole look of Cloud City, just amazing design. Especially the shaft where they have the final showdown- you can hear the wind howling and the winking lights, just very atmospheric.

The moment when Luke realizes he is a Jedi, like his father.  And we see Force lightning for the first time.



Artoo and Threepio arriving at Jabba's palace. We finally get to see Jabba and his home, and what a place. I love the cavernous feel of it, all the lowlifes and scum of the galaxy



Luke with Ben on Tatooine. I like this scene because it shows a quiet moment in the saga, with Luke learning about his father and seeing a lightsaber




Luke faces Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi. The only real character moment we have with these two (until the end)- nicely done I thought.





13 comments:

  1. A great list for SciFi month! I've been watching these movies basically on repeat lately with my 5 year old and have regularly have the battle of Hoth staged on the kitchen floor. It's his favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you've done for the topic this week! Great choices. I can't disagree with any of these. :)

    Check out my TTT and the weekly meme I hosting on my blog Music Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the Top Ten post and you picked some really good moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all among some of my favorite moments too^^ You've made me want to rewatch the series even more now - I'm planning to do so right before the new movie comes out :D I love the asteroid scene, Luke's duel with Vader, Luke realizing he's a Jedi, Luke facing Vader and that scene with him and Obi on Tatooine! Oh and space battles for the win XD Love this post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! We're excited in my house about the new Star Wars movie too. Your top ten include some of my favorite moments too. I'm trying to convince my princess -loving daughter that Princess Leia is worthy of her devotion. I don't think she's convinced yet. :-S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, Greg! I've been watching these movies for years and every scene you chose is a winner. A great pick for sci-fi month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! You are making me want to binge watch Star Wars lol. Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool list. It was nice revisiting the scenes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No idea it is Sci-fi month! (Blogger fail!) Do you have your tix for Episode 7?
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I need to go back and rewatch the original trilogy! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another goal for this month: rewatch the Star Wars films so I can remember all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun! I always like these unique Top Ten Tuesdays. I should put together something like this at some point - though since I'm not a Star Wars aficionado, I'd have to find something different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fun idea to go with your SciFi month! I loved all these scenes too!

    ReplyDelete