Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Top Ten Places I'd Like to Eat Turkey
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new Top Ten list will be posted. Everyone is welcome to join. Link back to The Broke and the Bookish so everyone can check out other bloggers' lists. It's a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers.
This week is a Thanksgiving freebie- so I went with Top Ten Places I'd Like To Eat Turkey.
1) Rivendell- Tolkien described Rivendell this way.
"Elrond's house was perfect, whether you liked food or sleep or story- telling or singing (or reading), or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all. "
Works for me! I can't think of a better place to have a turkey feast, and then laze it off afterwards. Listening to stories of the old days and the lore of the elves, before a roaring fire in the Hall of Fire perhaps. Here is what Gandalf says of the Hall of Fire.
"Here you will hear many songs and tales- if you can keep awake. But except on high days it usually stands empty and quiet, and people come here who wish for peace, and thought. There is always a fire here, all the year round, but there is little other light."
2) The Shire- -another Middle Earth pick. How could one not want to have a feast in the Shire? I would think that would be the hobbits' specialty. Maybe at Bag End, or at the Green dragon Inn.
3) Highgarden - seat of House Tyrell in Game of Thrones.
"You must see Highgarden. You'd love it there, I know you would. We have a great masquerade the night of the harvest moon... you should see the costumes, people work on them for months."
4) Winterfell- probably the polar opposite of Highgarden, certainly less luxurious, but still a great place to have a feast. More in the northern medieval- esque way, granted, but still... imagine a great steaming turkey in the smoky, high raftered Great Hall, with torches on the walls and dogs fighting over scraps. Okay maybe not the typical Thanksgiving- but the ale would be flowing, anyway...
5) Endor- the forest moon and home of the Ewoks. Okay I know the Ewoks suck, but their tree top villages are kinda cool. Might be a neat place for a feast and a hang out- or maybe Lothlorien would be a better choice if you want to eat among the trees.