Monday, August 11, 2014

Bookstore Spotlight- Schuler Books


Schuler Books is an independent bookstore chain with location in Grand Rapids and Lansing, MI.  Schuler's is a lot like Barnes & Noble- they carry just about everything. I've been to two of their three locations and it's a very relaxing way to spend some time and explore books. They also have cafes and a music section as well.  

Schuler's is a great place to spend some time if you're a booklover. Not only are they very well stocked, but the stores are large, the cafes are nice and they have a good childrens section. The cafe serves sandwiches, paninis as well as the usual assortment of snacks, coffee, and all that. The cafe in Grand Rapids is nice and comfortable.


Here's a link to the cafe menu. Schuler's also has an extensive used book section, and even print on demand with the Espresso Book Machine(you can read all about it here). Book club members get 20% off the club selection, and have a great variety of author events and monthly get togethers, including Italian and Japanese conversation group meetings.

I've only been in one of the Lansing locations but it is nice as well. I've been to an author signing there, they have a nice little author nook. 

Schuler Books is locally owned and they recently acquired Nicola's Books, a well known bookstore in Ann Arbor.


7 comments:

  1. I've been to Schuler's several times, but the one by us is one that got shut down :( It was a great bookstore and I was sad to see it go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to have this small chain near you. I like the welcoming rack upon rack of books outside calling to book lovers. And the cafe is well set-up and spacious. Enjoy visiting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The store looks huge...I'd get lost. And it even has a fireplace...cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book store looks soooo amazing. I wish this was near me.. I feel like I would be in there all the time. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful place to live in lol ! Books and food, what more can you need ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Schulers! I always go to the Lansing store for signings but I've never been to the Okemos one for some reason (?). I was shocked that they bought Nicola's but I knew he was selling his store to retire and it was better to Schuler's than a big box store (or closing!). I go to Nicola's for Kim Harrison book signings. I'm curious what changes were made at Nicola's now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This bookstore looks great! Just the fact they did that video tells me they must be a lot of fun too :) Espresso Book Machine thingy looks so cool! I haven't found a good indie bookstore around me yet, but your posts have motivated me to start looking for them!

    ReplyDelete