Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Sunshine Blogger Award


Suzanne at The Bookish Libra nominated me for this blog award- thanks Suzanne!!- and I couldn't wait to do it because she had awesome questions. :) And I appreciate her nominating me! So... here we are! 

The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.  

The Rules Are: 

  • Thank the person(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog. 
  • Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
  • Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions 
  • List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog. 

My questions:

1) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Santorini - ever since I saw it as a teen I've wanted to go there. 

2) If you were given a $50 gift card to your local bookstore, what books would you buy? I have no idea, but I do have a list of upcoming releases (my TBR is actually small) and I'd probably go crazy getting all of 'em! 

3) What do you wish you could change about yourself? I wish I didn't procrastinate

4) If you could meet any character from any book you've read, who would you want to meet and why? Maybe Gandalf- he could tell me a lot about the Undying Lands and elvendom. 

5) What made you start to decide blogging? I love reading and one of my favorite things to do is talk books with others, so when I realized there were book blogs I had to do it. :)  

6) What fictional character (books, TV, or film) is most like you? In what ways? Ned Stark in the sense that I've tried to do the "right thing" a few times only to later regret the results. Not saying I'm like Ned Stark, but I can relate to his POV. 

7) What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Peanut butter and chocolate 

8) What makes you happy?  Reading Writing stories  

9) If you had to describe yourself in one word, what word would you choose? Optimistic 

10) Are you a dog person or a cat person? Cat person but I love dogs too! I just have 3 cats...  

11) What is your all- time favorite book? Maybe The Lord of the Rings. Although two books that had a big impact on me as a kid- Star Man's Son and Planet of Exile- would be contenders.

My questions for my nominees:

I completely understand if you don't want to take part. I know some blogs are award- free right on their front page and I tried not to pick anyone that I shouldn't have. This is just to show appreciation for some of my favorite bloggers- I could have easily had a list of a hundred! Participate if you want, and if you don't want that's fine too. :)

1) What is your favorite music? 

2) Do you have a particular book that is a comfort read, or that you go back and re- read regularly? 

3) Name three of your favorite movies (or 5, or whatever)

4) Is there a particular book you would love to see made into a film? 

5) Has a book ever inspired you to go to another country or place? 

6) Tea or coffee? 

7) Would you rather have a night out on the town or a night in reading? 

8) Which fictional character would you like to meet? 

9) Hunger games or Divergent? 

10) What is one of your favorite books? 

11) What is your favorite cuisine? 

And my nominees are:

Books, Vertigo and Tea
Of Dragons and Hearts
I Wish I Lived In A Library
It starts At Midnight
Fine Print
Metaphors and Moonlight
For What It's Worth
Mareli Thalk ink
Quixotic Magpie
 Book Girl of Mur-Y-Castell
We Live and Breathe Books 

37 comments:

  1. What a lovely award! I really like those questions and your answers as well, we have a few things in common and hey, can't really argue with why you decided to blog ;) Glad you went for it!
    *pets your three cats*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I think a lot of bloggers can relate to the reason for blogging! And my cays thank you too. You just made three friends. :)

      Delete
  2. Yesss that's a great answer for the gift card! Blogging is definitely one of the best things I've done, especially connecting with other bookworms (such as yourself!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post Greg! I am the biggest procrastinator ever! That's why I hardly get any reading done or get to watch any shows! I have the biggest tbr ever, and it never seems to get any smaller, I really need to start reading all the books that I own instead of buying more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasprit! I am too. And I hear you on the books- there's way too many!

      Delete
  4. Oh it's nice to learn more about you! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these types of tags! They are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting set of questions! Which is cool because Suzanne also nominated ME! :)

    There's also an interesting set of answers there.

    Firstly I'm pretty jealous that it sounds like your TBR is somewhat under control. What sort of bookworm are you!? *jokes*

    Ugh - I'm also a bit of a procrastinator. I don't know if we can change.

    Gandalf would be cool to meet - great choice.

    Love the Ned Stark choice too.

    Dammit, now I want icecream. Thanks Suzanne.

    For some reason I read Kyaking Pizza as one word... I was confused for a bit. I thought it might be an awesome new sort of pizza that I had no idea about.

    Optimism is a great quality!

    I like the cat pics when you share them. :)

    Ohhhh... All time favourite book. What sort of a question is that?

    Also like your Q's Greg! Great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Can't wait to see your post. :)

      Ha ha my TBR is small but I never seem to have a problem finding books to read! And the pizza answer- that's my fault since I seem unable to punctuate correctly on that answer. :) I was in hurry to finish the post and guess I missed that... or it's that procrastination again.

      Delete
  7. Haha, pizza makes me happy, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing the right things does get your head chopped off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? You'd think I'd learn... :)

      Delete
  9. Yay, I'm so glad you did the tag and I just love all of your answers.
    Especially Gandalf and Ned Stark! I'm also right there with you on number 3. Worst procrastinator in the world right here, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me! Your answers were great too... :)

      I can't wait to see what the other noms come up with!

      Delete
  10. I love this Q&A - and so many of your answers are probably what I would choose! Gandalf, peanut butter and chocolate ice cream - optimistic! Even Ned Stark - although getting your head chopped off is a bit harsh after trying to do the right thing, or is it really, maybe he should have thought about it, or maybe he shouldn't - yeah, procrastinating.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Thanks for the nomination :) I like your answers - I didn't know you had three cats! I love cats and would get one if my husband wasn't allergic. It's just not meant to be.
    I'll try to do this soon, your questions are great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are not going to believe this, but I kind of picture you in my mind's eye as Ned Stark!! Don't know why. So it was weird when it just popped up!

    Please don't hate me, but I've never read Lord of the Rings. But I do know who Gandalf is!

    I used to think of myself as optimistic, now I think I'll just say I'm hopeful.

    Loved your post, answer and the new set of questions! Would love to do it and I will make a note first thing tomorrow morning. Will do it as soon as possible, just have visitors until the 15th!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm peanut butter ice cream. Yum! Santorini would be an amazing place to explore. Hope you get to go one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I can't wait to go there... :)

      Delete
  14. Congrats on the award, Greg! This was a fun opportunity to learn a little more about you. I also like PB & chocolate ice cream (though to be honest, I love any dessert that combines the two), and I smiled at your answer to #4. And when I read #8... I think my brain was running the two words together, but I read the end at "Kayaking pizza," and I thought, WHAT? (*laughs, then blushes*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Ha ha I know what you mean. PB & chocolate is a favorite and I can rarely get it now. And that's totally my fault, it would have made a lot more sense if I would have used commas!

      Delete
  15. Aw this is so fun! And thanks for nominating me too :D I hope Sara above me doesn't feel too bad, because I thought there was a pizza place called "Kayaking Pizza" too. I was like "odd name, but okay". Haha. Santorini is a fabulous travel choice! It is on my list, too. My parents went there a couple years ago, and the pictures are just... well, you know. I was mad that they left me behind ;) Optimism is a lovely trait! I wish I possessed it, but I do not. I definitely want to answer these at some point! I might do a post of tags soon, actually. OH and I need to know how your TBR is small? Like, that may be the biggest secret in all of the bookworld? You might be famous if you tell us how, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And ha ha I threw a few people with my inability to use commas apparently! Ooh your parents went to Santorini? I'm instantly jealous... although yeah I wouldn't have liked staying behind either. It's always been one of those places I just HAVE t go...

      Okay the TBR thing... my inability to use Good reads properly. If I were like everyone else I'd have like a thousand books on there, but I'm so neglectful (lazy) that I don't ever update it. So... I mor or less just have a list of books I want to read, and it's like 20 books... some I have, some I want. But I don't really have that Goodreads TBR like everyone else...

      Delete
  16. I really enjoyed reading this! I just followed your blog and look forward to reading your future reviews!

    It would mean a lot if you could follow my book reviews blog, which can be found at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ 📚

    Keep up the great work! Lovely blog! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will follow you back as well...

      Delete
  17. I prob could've guessed Gandalf for that answer with how much you do seem to love LoTR! Hmm, I just realized I haven't had chocolate ice cream in a long time. I used to like mixing chocolate and vanilla. No PB though, I hate PB :-P But yeah, cats!

    To be honest I will prob not do this because I never end up doing the ones where you have to make up your own questions for the people you tag. Way too much work lol. But thanks for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No PB? I like it in ice cream.

      No prob, I know these aren't for everyone and TBH I don't always do 'em either. But I thought why not? :)

      Delete
  18. I love tags. It's a good way to get to know the person behind the blogger.

    Thanks for tagging me - I want to do it but need to come up with 11 more questions. That will do me in more than my answers lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think "I wish I didn't procrastinate" is the story of every reader's life. Or maybe it's just me. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the award, Greg! These are fun questions and I have a few answers in common with you. I'm also a cat person, but I do love dogs, too. I have 4, and I'm feeding a stray. Didn't mean to have so many, but I have a hard time saying no!

    I also got into blogging because I love reading and talking about books. Not too many people in my real life get the passion, so blogging and goodreads is where I find like minds. :)

    I do love chocolate and peanut butter ice cream, but I think pink bubblegum at Baskin Robins is my favorite. Sucks because they only have it in a couple of months a year.

    Great post here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! I think Santorini looks beautiful, such a lovely part of the world plus there is so much myth and legends in that neck of the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ned Stark would be a decent person to aspire to be! I'm more of a dog person though I've never owned one. The damn cats in our street are driving me mad!!! More of a mint choc chip ice cream kind of girl...!

    ReplyDelete