Monday, September 5, 2016

Cover Characteristics Blood



Cover Characteristics is a meme by Sugar and Snark- every week a characteristic is selected and we post 5 books with that week's theme.  


This week's pick- Blood or Vampires  

I wanted to find some covers with creatures of the night so this seemed like a good time to do it. I could have saved this one for October, but why wait? The wind whistling through the branches, clouds scudding across the moon, a mournful howl in the night... walking down your street anxious for the oasis of the streetlamp- why do we love to be scared? The exhilaration of fear...


Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2)Betrayed (The Vampire Journals #3)Betrayed (House of Night, #2)Pretty When She Kills (Pretty When She Dies, #2)Midnight Marked (Chicagoland Vampires, #12)Rip Tides (Lei Crime, #9)Untamed (House of Night, #4)Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1)Drink, Slay, LoveA Taste of Blood Wine (Blood Wine, #1)A Dance In Blood Velvet (Blood Wine, #2)The Dark Arts of Blood (Blood Wine, #4)



Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2)

Thirsty...  

Betrayed (The Vampire Journals #3)

Yes please. 

Betrayed (House of Night, #2) 

I like this one with her back to us and the general design. 


Pretty When She Kills (Pretty When She Dies, #2) 

This one is just terrifying. 

Midnight Marked (Chicagoland Vampires, #12) 


Chicago and vampires... 


Rip Tides (Lei Crime, #9) 

Blood in the surf

Untamed (House of Night, #4)

Another Night House and I like the crescent moon along with the body art. 

Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1)

The last thing you see if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time? 

Drink, Slay, Love

Blood through a straw

A Taste of Blood Wine (Blood Wine, #1)

A very elegant cover and I like that this is set in the early 1900's.

A Dance In Blood Velvet (Blood Wine, #2)

 I like that she's dancing. 

The Dark Arts of Blood (Blood Wine, #4)

This one's not bad.

8 comments:

  1. Some very interesting covers! Isn't it crazy how diverse they are for talking about the same thing - vampires? I prefer the ones that aren't so in your face about it being a vampire, but it's there. Like the one from the 1900s. Elegant with a touch of blood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always really liked the House of Night covers! They are quite typical vampire/dark fantasy covers, but I like the extra element of the tattoos, and how they always have just one colour in them other than plain black or grey. I did start reading them ages and ages ago but I stopped for some reason and now can't remember which book I got up to...maybe I'll have to do a reread :)
    Awesome post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great covers, especially A Taste of Blood Wine! I am a Rhiannon Frater fan, and I've read the first two books in that series that you featured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always liked the House of Night covers even though the actual books got less good when the series progressed. I did really enjoy the first few ones when I read them years ago. There are some great vampire covers out there. I still like the cover I have for the box set of the first three sookie stackhouse books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those 3 Freda Warrington covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cover picks! I love the House of Night covers and that series is pretty good too. I also love Freda Warrington covers and I've never heard of that series before, but I'll have to add it to my to read list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What the hell? How did I miss this???? I mean, of all the CC posts for me to somehow miss, it would be the one with my favorite paranormal creature lol. I actually found this on the Saturday link-up thing. I'm planning to do one on vampires too but I don't have any of the same books. I also plan on doing one on blood, but I haven't even put that together yet. I figured I would save them for October lol since I already did zombies and ghosts in other months.

    Anyway, I like Betrayed because of the red lipstick and blood. And Midnight Marked I like because the woman looks badass. And I like Drink Slay Love because I just always love it when vampire sip on blood through a straw or in a mug or when they drink it from a pouch like a juice box, haha. The last one with the dancing is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the vampire covers!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete