Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday- Bookish Wish
This weeks Top Ten is 10 Wishes relating to books- you wish it and it's done. So... mine is all over the map this week. Some of my choices are for changes I'd like to see in books, and some are just - more general. So here we go.
1) I wish that Ned Stark had not died in A Game of Thrones. Of all the plot twists in those books, the one I've wondered about a lot is... what happened if Ned had taken Renly up on his offer and taken the Red Keep with Renly's help. Bye bye Cersei! And a lot of bad stuff wouldn't happened...
2) I wish I had The Winds of Winter right now to read!
3) I wish I could visit Middle earth- as long as I could come home too. Top stops: Rivendell, followed by the Shire and maybe the Prancing Pony in Bree.
4) I wish comic books were still sold on spinner racks in stores
5) I wish the original (unaltered) Star Wars movies would be released, so I can watch them just as they were presented in theaters originally (and rumor has it this is going to happen). Yay!
6) I wish The 100 Aker Wood was a real place.
7) I wish comics were still all ages friendly for the most part- I mean, there were adult themes popping up when I was reading them, but nothing like today.
8) I wish I could go back in time and visit a bookstore from yesteryear- a lot of books I used to collect were still in print and on the shelves- and they were cheaper too. When I was a kid and got a $20 gift certificate I could get a ton of books when they were only $2.25 or whatever...
9) I wish there was a real Jurassic Park- without the inevitable security breaches!
10) I wish I could think of a tenth wish! Oh well, c'est la vie.
Ooh, I know! I wish I could still get Slurpees in superhero cups.