1) Name a character you like but wouldn't get along with.
2) What book influenced you the most?
Probably The Lord of the Rings. Either that or A Princess of Mars.
3) Would you be a hero, a sidekick or a villain?
Hopefully a hero!
4) What weapon would you like to fight with?
I'll take a lightsaber (?) but if that's not available I'll go w/a regular sword.
5) If you had magic ink, what book ending would you change?
6) Do you listen to music while reading?
I do sometimes, but it has to be quieter music or mood music. I listened to a Hearts of Space album once while reading Memory, Sorrow and Thorn and now whenever I hear this song I immediately think of that book.
7) What type of post do you like writing the most?
I like writing reviews actually and if it flows it's a really good feeling. But I like writing discussion posts too.
8) Which character would you want to be more like?
I don't know. Aragorn maybe because he grew up in Rivendell and traveled widely throughout Middle-earth, which sounds fine to me.
9) Express an unpopular opinion.
10) What's the most embarrassing you did while reading?
I've told this story before but once in college I was reading a book and couldn't stop- I was just into it. So I skipped class and kept reading- right there in the hallway. I was sitting up against the windows in a large group of people, and after the class the professor walked right by me. It had never even occurred to me he might go that way! I don't know if he saw me but I was pretty embarrassed.
Right now as I'm writing this I'm reading Nerve. And mainly because of the movie, before that I didn't even know about the book!
2) What is your fondest library or bookstore memory?
I was once looking for a book and couldn't find it anywhere, I was scouring used bookstores and one day in Midland MI I was in a bookstore with my girlfriend at the time. We were talking back and forth as we looked around and she said "Is this it?"
3) What is your favorite genre to read, but what trope in that genre would you be glad never to read again?
Fantasy is my favorite genre, although I'm not super into the "chosen one" trope these days.
4) What genre just doesn't do it for you?
I'll read just about anything other than romance. I like romance mind you, just mixed in with suspense or fantasy or whatever.
5) Is book blogging everything you thought it would be?
It's actually more than I thought, since the book blogging community is tremendous and I didn't anticipate how many friends I would make.
6) Which book or movie character do you wish had a blog you could read?
I'd like to read Luke Skywalker's blog especially after Return of the Jedi, to see how the new Republic fares and how he goes about being a Jedi knight.
7) Do you always read the book before the movie?
I try- I usually like the book better, but not always. The Hunger Games, for example, I have't read.
8) Which movie made you way more excited than the book version?
Probably again Nerve, and also The Girl On the Train. I thought the book was okay, not great, but I think the movie looks really good.
9) What country in the world would you like to find a quiet spot in and read a book?
Maybe Ireland. Someplace remote with all the green and wild places.
10) What is the last book that made you laugh out loud?
Truly Madly Guilty- her stuff makes me laugh.