Friday, June 19, 2015

Bookcover Spotlight #1

The Renegades of Pern (Pern, #10)

This is the inaugural post of my new Bookcover Spotlight, where I will highlight some of my fave covers. First up this week is Renegades of Pern by Anne McCaffrey, cover art by Michael Whelan.


I love this pic- something about the caravan, the wagons and the great beasts pulling them, the landscape- and of course dragons! Who wouldn't want to be part of this traveling group, at least for a while? How do they live, where do they go? It's a very imaginative piece, and as is often the case you don't get the full impact on the cover.



5 comments:

  1. That is a really cool cover! As much as I love new cover designs the old looking design ones hold a special place in my heart for how awesome and nostalgic they always look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, I'm hope to showcase both kinds , old and newer ones too, over the next few month. Have a great weekend Michelle!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, where did you find the full cover image? I like it, even more than the front cover alone. Those trees look almost like twisters, spooky.

    I like this new feature. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bea! I think it's fun, there's some amazing art out there.

      I recommend Michael Whelan's website if you haven't been there.

      http://www.michaelwhelan.com/

      Delete
  3. I have not read this one, so I just went and added it to my GR tbr. I think I have read the first 12-15 books. Someday I hope to get back to reading them all. Some of my favorite covers are on the Dune series books. Great new feature I will definitely be checking it out every week. :)

    ReplyDelete