Tuesday, January 9, 2024

The Sands of Time #72

 
"Maybe we should try to get out."

"How?"

"Maybe Joon- 352 can get us through the Gate."

"Have you seen how it's guarded?" Hillier replied. 

"How did you know?"

"I had a hunch. Our guards seemed... sketchy."

"Thank you for saving my life. I don't know how I feel about you... killing Maia. I want to hate you. I had a dream once... of you killing Maia. On Elysium."

"There was a time once when I would have killed you both without a second thought."

"Why do you help me?"

"I don't know. Honestly I just like you. I have nothing else to do."

"Don't you want to return to... your kind?"

She was quiet. Then, 

"Maybe. I like being able... to make a difference here. You need me."

"Clearly!"

They both smiled. 

*******

Alt Joon felt like he had a pretty good idea who had attempted to co- opt Joon. He had miscalculated. Whoever was doing it had acted quickly. And if they wanted Joon gone, could he be far behind? Although... they wanted him compliant, not killed. 

Why? 

*******

"The Scholars are going to take you into protective cutody," Jack said. "There's nothing I can do."

"You're risking yourself by warning us," Hilier commented. 

"Yvette can protect me."

"Is Joon okay? Alt Joon?"

"I wondered that too. He's gone missing."

"We should have stayed on Elysium," Hillier joked. 

"I don't know... how long they'll hold you. Yvette can probably moderate them somewhat. We'll do what we can. Don't provoke them... we'll help." 

"We're leaving," Joon informed Hillier once Jack had left. 

12 comments:

  1. I love Hillier's response to Joon: "I have nothing else to do." Made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the interactions between the characters here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha..I have nothing else to do..is that the honest truth? (✿◡‿◡) It will be interesting how they get out of this one. I am still interested in those body parts...could we have possibly a cyborg Maia we don't know about? Just putting it out there🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤Yeah, we finally got a good snow(6-7inches and packed). It's gonna get cold now. Wind started up. Geese aren't sure which way to go. The snow came up from the south. It was a work out trying to get the drive way done. The neighbor cleared the side walk, but I had done part of it and he took pity on me. I got to hear about his German Shepherd pup who looks pretty much grown to me. Don't know how much bigger it could get but I have feeling he will get bigger. His name is Cujo....oh, I did the best I could. Oddly, it seems my "oakley" post always go amiss. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it snowed again. Streets are snow covered. It happened to so fast. I should have gone to the grocery store , but I was cleaning out a closet or two. I guess, we might have a little time here to get something done before the Friday snow storm. Already got a library closure coming up. Many January is sure bringing winter on..I just had to write about with Huck and Rachel.

      Delete
  4. Uy ese Hillier es terrible. Genial fragmento. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting dialogues.... some make me smile.....
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dialogues between your characters excite me but also leave me with a great desire to catch them and ask them for more! And yes, that is a very good thing, Greg *smirks*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so behind on my comments I just decided to pop by and say Happy New Year and I'm so glad we are blog friends. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hillier's response of "I don't know. Honestly, I just like you. I have nothing else to do." is classic, It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "There was a time once when I would have killed you both without a second thought."
    So honest 😂. It seems like Joon and Hillier are becoming good pals...unless she's bluffing. She's not bluffing, right? 😶

    ReplyDelete