Monday, November 20, 2023

The Sands of Time 64

 
"Why did you lie about the Triassic?"

Joon shrugged. Alt Joon. 

"It seemed like the thing to do at the time."

Jack frowned. 

"Look, it's just a matter of time anyway. Before they understand what we're doing. I just... accelerated the process."

"I'm sure Yvette will understand."

"She's about ready to shoot me, anyway. And I've done..."

"I understand," Jack soothed. "Can you let me know next time? I can only paper so much..."

*******

"Joon."

"Maia."

They looked at each other. 

"How are you?" she asked. 

She was just like Maia

"Why are you here?" she asked, reaching to touch his face, then stopping. 

"I was... drawn here. By another Joon."

"That explains it," she muttered to herself. "You shouldn't be here. They shouldn't... do this."

"What is happening?"

"Do you have... a Maia where you're from?"

"Yes."

"Do you have... me?"

"Once. No longer. I'm not with... that other Joon. It's just me..."

"Why are you here? How many of us are there?"

"Oh, Joon. There's so much you don't know."

*******

Hiller rose, noting Joon's absence. She went to the door, glancing out. The guard raised an eyebrow at her lack of dress. She wrapped herself in a robe and returned to the corridor, glancing both directions. There. He was talking to someone. 

As she approached she could hear them talking, in urgent whispers. 

What was this? 

7 comments:

  1. I love that line "How many are there of us?" Maybe Maia is with another Joon! Oh, the tensions are high. Can't wait to see the traps and twists and turns! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Hopefully, tomorrow I will have more under control of the dinner. We shall see. At least I have a vacation from my supervisor. She is off this week. >>>>>>>>>> it is interesting lately how I see more relationships where the woman is older than the guy. Especially, in K-dramas. Anyway, Rox is pretty immature, but maybe she's trying to be grownup...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lo dejaste muy interesante. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Why are you here? How many of us are there?"
    "Oh, Joon. There's so much you don't know."
    😮🤔

    ReplyDelete