Monday, December 6, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday #278


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week a new Top Ten will be posted. Everyone is welcome to join. Link back so everyone can check out other bloggers' lists. It's a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers.

This week I'm going with Top Ten Books That Would Make a Good Movie or Show. I did this back in 2016 so let's see if they took my advice. They DID- Panic. Which I liked. And they canceled.      


Vitro is the story of a girl who goes to an isolated island to find her mother, who is a scientist there, but when she arrives she finds that they are developing humans from test tube embryos- almost like clones- and things of course go badly. I think this would be a great movie or an even better show. 


The Cats of Tanglewood Forest is about a girl who turns into a cat. She of course regains her human form but but not until after some thrilling adventures and talking animals.


They made this one!!!!!!!  



Alright- moving on. This would make a good movie with the south Pacific locales and the secrets and lies aboard a yacht...


Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick is a fun book about Perry who takes their exchange student to the prom- only to find out she is a Lithuanian assassin with a job in NYC. She drags Perry along and he'll be lucky to survive. 


A School for Unusual Girls could make a great movie with the right cast- there are four girls including Georgie the main character and if the casting were right this could be a great ensemble.  


Eight Hundred Grapes would be great on streaming. Georgia runs back home after discovering her fiance has been keeping a secret from her. She has to analyze her life and decide what she truly wants- marry the man of her dreams (?) and move to London or stay and take over the vineyard. Or something else. 


They made this one too!!! On Netflix but I haven't watched yet... 


I would be all over this. A girl who wakes up on a subway track with no memory of who she is- but there are people after her in a twisted game where people are hunted for sport. 


Emilie and the Hollow World would be tough to make work but if they could pull it off it'd be good. It's sort of steampunk meets Jules Verne with airships and a hollow world, a great ocean with isolated islands and a fascinating merfolk.  


This one is a personal fave. Planet of Exile is about a long lost colony on a distant planet who are stranded and slowly dying. It has a lot of similarities to Game of Thrones with seasons that  generations and a threat from the north. Rolery is a native girl who falls in love with a man from the colony, and their forbidden love must survive the onset of winter and a barbarian invasion from the north. And not just barbarians but the dreaded snowghouls as well. 

42 comments:

  1. No he leído ese Ursula Le Guin pero me diste ganas.- Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I think I would enjoy all these as movies, but especially The Cats of Tanglewood Forest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely pay attention to movies made from books. In fact if I happen to watch something from I book I've read I am usually shocked. My TTT Freebie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These seem like good reads. I did watch Panic, it was pretty good :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cats of Tanglewood Forest I would certainly watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "let's see if they took my advice. They DID- Panic. Which I liked. And they canceled."
    😂

    I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd rather read the book (I mean, any book) than watch the adaptation any day...except for Around the World in 80 Days, because they cast David Tennant 🤩 - it will be on our TV on Jan. 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Planet of Exile sounds great, novellas usually make great films too. I really need to read some Ursula le Guin!
    (My TTT: http://basedonthebook.blogspot.com/2021/12/ttt-books-to-read-if-you-loved-beatles.html)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh nice topic and picks! Lots of new to me ones but did see some familiar ones! I liked the Get Even Netflix show. It's been awhile since I read the books naturally, so I can't recall how well it followed things but I liked it in general!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know they made Get Even into a movie. I haven't read the book, but I'm curious. I liked her book Ten but never saw that movie.


    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these but might have to check a couple out. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agree that The Blue would make a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only one I've read on here was Panic and I haven't watched the show yet. Did they do it justice?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished another Laura Dave book—The Last Thing He Told Me—so I am excited all over again to read Eight Hundred Grapes. Great topic!

    My freebie is here: https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/12/07/ttt-ten-books-i-feel-like-everyone-has-read-but-me/

    Happy TTT!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great theme! And Get Even looks like my kind of book. Doesn't it figure though - they always cancel the things you like best!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had no idea that they adapted Panic! I'll need to check it out. In Vitro and The Blue also sound like they'd be great tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do want to read Emilie and the Hollow World one day. It does sound like it might make a good moive, maybe like a mini-tv series. I like the idea of steampunk and airships.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What neat choices today, Greg. Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick and A School for Unusual Girls sound like they would be perfect on the screen. Thanks for sharing.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2021/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Which did you like better, the show or the book (for Panic). It's cool that they made 2 of picks into movie's. I've never done a post like this but it's an interesting concept and something that would be neat to look back on. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/12/top-ten-tuesday-free-little-library.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe if they made The Lover's Dictionary into a movie I'd finally get round to reading it, it sounds so fun and I love books with cats

    -Diantaa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Blackbird would be an awesome TV series. And I'd totally watch a movie of Vitro! Great list, Greg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How nice of the producers to take your advice. Looks like they still have more work to do, though. LOL!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read any of these, but judging from the descriptions and covers, they would all make great tv shows. Listen up, Netflix!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Weren't they supposed to make Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick? I vaguely remember my review copy saying it was optioned or something.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmm.. I haven't heard of these books before, but they sound interesting! Great picks!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't read any of these, but I could see why you would like them adapted. Fingers crossed they listen to you.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/holiday-books-that-dont-mention-the-holidays-in-their-title/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am still SO salty about Panic! That show was amaaazing and I was excited to see what they did outside of the book. I have not read the rest of these, but I do own many of them based on your recommendation, so there's that 😂

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lot of these sounds like they would make fantastic series. I would definitely watch Blackbird and Eight Hundred Grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have you watched Panic on Amazon? I've been thinking of trying it out!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fun! Glad to see "they" took your advice on a few of these. My daughter praised Panic, but alas, "they" were unkind to the show.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't watched Get Even either, but it looks like it could be good.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I absolutely hate when they make a show I like and they cancel it after one season! *cough* Netflix *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  32. Did Gretchen McNeil write Ten, which completely butchered And Then There Were None? Is this one better than that nonsense?

    ReplyDelete
  33. The Cats of Tanglewood Forest has my interest. I enjoyed Eight Hundred Grapes; Laura Dave's books usually work well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I haven't heard of any of these... but that LeGuin book sounds really good. I'm gonna have to check my library for that one.
    Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great ideas! I'm intrigued by the last one, checking it now

    ReplyDelete
  36. A School for Unusual Girls seems like it would make a good tv show.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think I'd watch Eight Hundred Grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I feel like I saw that Eight Hundred Grapes was going to be turned into something but that may have just been wishful thinking. A School for Unusual Girls sounds like it would be a fantastic show.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your first pick is one I feel like they're making a lot of right now or at least the genre it'd fall into. Who knows! Maybe they will pick some more of these up. It seems a thing right now to make YA books into an adaptation of some sort. Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland on this week, Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I haven't read Planet of Exile, yet, but it sounds like it would make a great movie. 🎬

    ReplyDelete